- Yahoo! London 2012 Games coverageIllustrations for the Yahoo! advertising campaign."The Once-In-A-Lifetime moments that happen every four years." This is how Yahoo! describe the experience of the Olympics in their current advertising campaign. I couldn't agree more.I remember watching the Olympiads since I was a kid. Moments full of emotions, people who stand higher than all of us, colorful pieces of a united world.I also recall discovering Yahoo! since cyberspace is a great interest of mine. Pages full of excitement, people and groups for all my interests, links to a colorful world.So this is a series of illustrations, created with the wonderful people of Yahoo!, and their advertising campaign for the coverage of the Games.
- The Illustrations:The Yahoo! team asked me to create 6 illustrations for their campaign. 3 pairs of images for 3 different sports (diving, gymnastics and running). We have developed 4 images for running because we wanted to represent celebration and victory too.
- The panoramic illustrations:I have created panoramic versions of 4 of the illustrations to be applied to the banner format.
- The applications:These are some of the applications that Yahoo! created. Banners, splash screens for logging-in and animations.
- The details:
Here are some details of the illustrations.
- Credits, references, thanks:Agency: Yahoo! Internal Creative Department
Creative Director: Jared Kozel
Executive Producer: Jamie YbarraYou can see high resolution versions of these illustrations on my Flickr.Credit is due to my teachers that have taught me to love Gestalt psychology. The principles and ideas of this school lie behind this type of work. A special reference to Nino Di Salvatore, Augusto Garau and Bruno Munari all of whom are members of MAC (Movimento Arte Concreta) a meta-futurist movement in post WWII Italy that has influenced a lot of my work. I also have to mention Carlo Nangeroni who's influence is also incredibly significant in all my work.Photographic references have been used from photos downloaded from Shutterstock.Many thanks to the Yahoo! team and especially Jamie and Jared.These illustrations have been made with a series of tools including (Synthetik Studio Artist and the Adobe Creative Suite) on my Mac.Enjoy the Games!P.S. Visit Olympia, Greece. It's a Once-In-A-Lifetime experience!