- To design a manually operated product to trim grass on small - sized lawns (backyards).
- Problems faced :- weight of the existing products- constant bending required which causes back-aches
- prone to other injuries such as shoulder strains and wrist injuries
Solution requirements :- safety features- easy manueverability- ergonomically correct
- The approach taken was to try various ideas including semi - automatic products that could include features like swivel or rotate for the blades or different heights for the handle. An attempt was made to produce a simple design, which in turn would require the user to perform a simple operation.
- A prototype was made using aluminium pipes that were bent to form the handles. Aluminium sheets were cut to form the blades.