This year's card, I was aiming to make an e-card, and I had all the pieces done - but it wouldn't work when I tried to put it online. Rather than trying to fix the fonts and the effects, I decided to leave the card like this. I'm happy with how it turned out, though. :)

Stylistically, I was trying something new: using less to show more. Also, I've never worked with just calligraphic brushes to produce something. The flowers were done first, as in my typography class I was experimenting with making images out of letters, and these were three of the best flowers I made. The cup and steam are also made of letters that I trimmed and adjusted. For the color scheme, I avoided using bright reds and pinks and went for something much softer.

The curled up dog is inspired by my dog.
Valentine's 2016
1
7
0
Published:

Valentine's 2016

My Valentine's card for 2016.
1
7
0
Published: