WHAT I DID
– conceptualized the architecture of the app
– designed a complete set of wireframes to show the complete user experience
– designed the visual user interface, including a visual style guide, to help the development team implement the visual design
HOW I DID IT
– researched the different visual set top box interfaces in the market, including Apple TV, Playstation 3, XBox 360, Google TV, and DirecTV, to find successes and challenges in the current market
– developed an interactive prototype using Axure to study the directional pad remote navigation for "ten-foot user interface"
– created a series of visual prototypes to show the full user experience
– paired with a developer to implement designs quickly and efficiently
The Royal Princess launched in June 2013 to exemplary reviews after being christened by Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. The Guest Evolution platform will be used for further development into other Princess Cruises ships.
“The cabin television system… in a word, it’s great.”
– Gene Sloan, USA TODAY
“…a simple-to-use library of TV shows and movies along with live television channels, music stations and information like local weather and a map of the ship’s position…
Add it to the list of positive things to say about taking a cruise.”
– Tom Stieghorst, Travel Weekly