Who Are We?
TOWB Music is the music competition you can take anywhere. We aim to eliminate bias in the music industry through a platform that revolves around Blind Music Battles. Artists upload their tracks, their identities are concealed for the duration of the competition and listeners cast their votes.
Basically? We’re a competition focused, music platform available online and in iOS and Google Play stores.
Who Are We Really?
TOWB Music is your snarky older brother (whom you also turn to for advice), and your irreverent best friend all rolled into one. We’re there for our users to help them along the way, point them in the right direction and occasionally crack a few jokes.
Our audience is young, active and chock-full of high expectations. They like stand-out designs and what is currently trending. Our audience grew up with technology and expects seamless creations. What we’re saying is we need graphics inspired by the latest design trends. We want illustrations and authentic photos. If it’s “stocky” or “stock photo-esk”, then it isn’t for TOWB.
We are calm and relaxed. No need for bright reds and dark color themes. Our color theme features light blues, greens and yellows. Think light and airy but confident. Our aesthetic is clean but heavily influenced by pop culture, current design trends, and street style.
At our core we’re transparent, fun and a little quirky. We need a skilled designer who can deliver these qualities in every design they produce.
Our current brand identity is under construction. As we finalize brand design guidelines, we’ll need a designer and/or illustrator who can can conceptualize and design communications that support brand initiatives and increase audience engagement through a range of media. We’d like to see a freelancer come in with an idea for how they can tackle vibrant minimalism and produce work that will engage our easily distracted audience.
As a designer you need to illuminate each concept using images that are on brand and are consistent with the TOWB Music voice. We’re looking for someone to create inspiring social media content, ads, email templates, and more.
Requirements and Desired Skills
• A portfolio of design work
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field with 3+ years of professional design experience
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Excellent understanding of typography, graphic design principles, and visual composition
• Self-motivated, resourceful and entrepreneurial-minded
• Excellent written, verbal skills and collaboration skills
• Dedication to reach tight deadlines and producing quality work.
• Ability to adapt to changes and come up with innovative solutions
• A music background is a big bonus. If you have a background with apps, we wouldn't be mad either
• Ability to take constructive criticism
• Detail and results driven