Team: Creative Services
Job Type: Contract (3 months)
Location: Hybrid - Atlanta, GA
Hourly rate: $35-$45/hour
Nugget, a direct-to-consumer kids furniture brand, is looking for an energetic and experienced Digital Designer to join our Creative Services team. As an e-commerce company, creating digital assets and maintaining a stellar website is key to our success in the D2C market and this is a pivotal role in designing across a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, web, email, blog and print. In this role, you’ll join a team of talented designers and illustrators to create, workshop and submit assets to Marketing for review and feedback. You’ll bring a keen and thoughtful eye to the details: ensuring each digital asset looks great and our brand is well-represented. If you'd like to work with a team that’s dedicated to high-level design standards, enjoy collaborating and want to grow and learn from experienced creative leaders - we'd love for you to apply today!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You will apply design knowledge to review brief materials and creative direction and subsequently submit work for review by multiple stakeholders, taking feedback and making necessary updates as applicable.
- You will communicate with our developers and ensure that your designs are feasible within the timeline and constraints of our web and email platform.
- You will work with our Lead Designer to create work that is consistent with our Design guidelines.
- You will collaborate with the internal team to prioritize projects and ensure all projects remain on deadline; assess and raise any deliverability issues or concerns with management.
- You have a knack for layout on multiple platforms (not just digital), and could sub in on print design, graphics and even light photo retouching.
- You will lend UI/UX knowledge to the team as we standardize our UI/UX guidelines, both internally and with the support of an outside agency.
- You will attend Design meetings (virtually) as requested and complete all growth assignments as time allows.
- You will identify workflow optimizations to drive operational efficiencies within the Design team and recommend process improvements.
- You have 4-6 years of experience in digital design in a fast-paced corporate or agency environment (freelance experience ok).
- Bonus: You have a degree in Design or a related field.
- You have experience with UI/UX (lots of experience preferred!) and understand the basics of web development.
- Bonus: You have experience with Shopify!
- You have experience with various technology and project management platforms (Google Workspace, Zoom, Basecamp, etc.).
- You have expert knowledge of most of the Adobe Creative Suite, and some experience in animation or motion graphics.
- Bonus: You have experience with Figma or other web design software!
- You are excited to find ways to improve upon current processes and recommend changes that will create more efficiencies as our team grows.
- You have strong time management skills, and can plan/handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints.
- You can communicate clearly and effectively, both in verbal and written form.
- You are positive and considerate when offering feedback on other’s work and open to feedback about your own work.
- You have a strong attention to detail; prioritizing accuracy, quality, and thoroughness in your work and/or the work of others.
- You discover new opportunities and creative solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices or standards, and thinking outside the box,
- You can thrive in various work environments – you enjoy working independently, as well as collaborating in a team environment.
- You approach work with a “no job is too small” attitude, and have a curious mind - always willing to learn and grow your imagination.