- _A bright new re-brand for the British IndependentFilm Festival. With lack of Funding available, it wasimportantto create a new Identity that has a standout personality. This was achieved through the useof a bold colour scheme and imagery alongside avery British 'Toungue-in-cheek' Copy-led Campaign.
- _It was important to build on the Festivals identityprimarily through print based products as theseare things that the British public are most likelyto come into contact with. Products ranges fromTicket Stubs and Film Listings to Wristbands,Invites and Keyrings. These all kept a veryconsistant theme using the converstationaltone, linked to the initial concept as wellas the bold colour scheme.
- Ticket Stumps__
- Staff Tee__
- _The brand was extended further into Information and Wayfinding.The Festival is held at the prestigious Empire Cinema in London'sLeicester Square, and it was important to come up with a strongbase identity that could be applied to the interior and exterior toacheive a similiar end product. I propsed to use Anamorphic Type,shown as an example with the logo below, which would emphasisethe idea of Film in transition and would alter perspective dependingon where you stood in the exhibition. All other signage andwayfinding was proposed to be applied in a typically Britishfashion, using Slang terms and a very convestational toneto instantly connect with the audience.
- Anamoprhic Type__
- _Promotion was important when trying to create a buzz aroundthe Festival. This was achieved by using the typically BritishSlang words and converstational tone carried through thecopy; from the sigange and print based products. As well asthis, imagery was used from Iconic Birtish Independent Film,mixed with the Branding itself to help the audience makethe connection of the Brand and Colour to British Film.Promotion was stretched across Posters andAdvertisments of different shapes and sizes.
- _The festival comes to a close with its world famous AwardsCeremony, where various honours are up for grabs includingBest Film, Best Screenplay and Best Cinematography. Thebrand was thoughtfully applied across this event too, to makeit all fit together seamlessly. A proposed award was created,which was an interactive version of the logo. The 'B' hangingin the centre is movable, pivotting around the metal spine.
- _As well as print, the Brand needed to stand out just aswell across Web based deliverables. A ResponsiveWebsite was created which seamlessly takes on thevibrant 'stand out' Brand. The website runs effortlesslyacross multiple platforms.
- Tablet & Smart Phone Platforms__
- Thanks for Scrolling!Copyright 2014, Sam Lane.All Rights Reserved.