This project was an exercise in visual effects and color correction. Using my own footage shot with the RED Scarlet, I composited myself into the film Skyfall with The Foundry Nuke. This breakdown shows my process of shooting, keying, camera tracking, integrating, and color correcting a visual effects composite of my own footage and that of Skyfall. Completed during my Animation III course at Ringling College of Art + Design.
Footage shown is for promotional purposes only. All images and clips copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.
• Select shot from film to integrate
• Shoot footage on RED Scarlet
• Process and export EXR sequence from footage
• Key and generate alpha from green screen plate
• Color correct and defocus keyed plate
• Track camera from film and generate 3D camera and card data
• Create cast and contact shadows for keyed plate
• Place keyed plate into scene and integrate with final color pass and light wraps
• Replace screens in film plate with face from keyed plate using camera data
• Color correct and defocus screen replacements
• Add film grain to integrated keyed plate and screen replacements