Born on 17th April, 1989 in Novi Sad. She attended the School of Design “Bogdan Šuput” from 2004-2008 where she got her high school diploma as a Design Graphics Technician. Enrolled at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad in 2008, majoring in Photography and graduating in 2012 in the… Read More
Born on 17th April, 1989 in Novi Sad. She attended the School of Design “Bogdan Šuput” from 2004-2008 where she got her high school diploma as a Design Graphics Technician. Enrolled at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad in 2008, majoring in Photography and graduating in 2012 in the class of Professor Ivana Tomanović. In 2014 she entered and completed a Masters Degree programme in Photography and was mentored by Professor Ivana Tomanović. Marija’s photographs have been exhibited in more than 50 group and 8 solo exhibitions both in Serbia and abroad. Her most notable exhibitions are:
* Solo Exhibition of Photographs- Cultural Centre of Novi Sad- Youth Platform 2017.
* Fotorama Art Photography Festival- exhibition and photo contest 2016 (Won First Prize for the theme “Zagrljaj” (“The Hug”)).
* Photo Festival and contest “Frame 24” 2016. (Won First Prize for the theme “Tradicija” (“Tradition”)).
* “Love for Difference” Salon of Photography, Kamnik, Slovenia 2015.
* Participant of NOOR- Nikon Masterclass in Documentary Photography, Belgrade 2015.
* Solo Masters Photography Exhibition “Živimo zajedno” (“We’re Living Together”), Gallery DKV 2014, Novi Sad
* The International Exhibition of Art Photography- BRIDGE 2014, Istanbul.
* Photography Exhibition “PremFoto” International Salon Photography. “Euro Foto Art” Gallery, 2013, Oradea, Romania.
* Photography Exhibition “RE: LOCATION 2013”, Preston, England, CRAZYGOAT ART PROMOTIONS.
* Photography Exhibition “International Meetings of Photography Plovdiv, Academic Scene”, 2012, Bulga-ria.
* Photography Exhibition of the annual “ReFoto” magazine contest “Moje mesto, moji ljudi” (“My Place, My People”), Arget Gallery, Belgrade (Won 2nd Prize for her photograph “Živimo zajedno” (“We’re Living Together”)).
* Exhibition of graduate works of students of the Department of Fine Arts, AUNS (Academy of Arts Novi Sad), “Matica Srpska" Gallery (Awarded the Annual Prize from the Department of Fine Arts for best artistic work from the artistic discipline of Photography for academic year 2011/2012).
* Photography Exhibition “Svet oko nas” (“The World Around Us”), workshops for socially engaging photography “Fokusiranje demokratije” (“The Focusing of Democracy”), SKCNS Fabrika (Student Cultural Centre of Novi Sad Fabrika), Novi Sad.
Participated in various photography workshops (World Press Photo, WORKSHOP, 2012. Dom Omladine, Belgrade, Serbia; Starfest- Mokri Kolodijum, AUNS, Novi Sad, Serbia 2011; Camera Obscura “BALATON ALMADI”, Balaton Almadi, Hungary, 2009…) and has received several awards for her work in the field of photography as well as design.