• Develop stories and produce them in audio visuals form
• Good abilities to work as a director in ENG/EFP and corporate videos
• Work independently in the field of ENG and EFP as Director, DoP, Camera op, non linear editor
• Good interpersonal skills – good communicator, motivates and encourages
• Confident local producer/director for ENG and EFP
• Trainer on basic and advanced techniques of videography, photography and multimedia journalism
• Technically competent/qualified – experience in working with HD/ HDV /DVCAM filming, HD/HDV/DVCAM editing
• Conducting television package making workshop to BTV stringer journalists of Dhaka, Rajshahi, Mymensing and Sylhet on ethical reporting on Children and Women issues and technical know how to use small cameras and get better results
• Given a day long orientation class on how to use Panasonic AG-HPX 372 and AG-HPX 172 P2 camera to program and news cameramen at Maasranga Television on 14th February 2011
• Given a workshop on television package making to BTV stringers of Rangpur, Barisal and Chittagong which is organized by BTV and supported by UNICEF
• Taught Multimedia Journalism to 1st and 2nd year students at ‘Pathshala – South Asian Media Academy’ year 2010-2011
• Trainer/Assistant Trainer/Technical translator for different Television production courses, BBC WST, 2008 – 2009
Above mentioned courses covered storytelling, package making(3 mins), feature(5 mins), basic sound recording, three point lighting, DSNG (digital satellite news gathering), operation of moving lights console and designing moving lights, lighting for drama and video editing
• Production management, Camera operation and non linear editing, Channel I, 2007
The course was designed very intensively using long working hours in a day for 40 days incorporating Channel I camera crews, production managers and some video editors.
• Camera operation and non linear editing, NIFT, 2007
• Non linear editing with Final Cut Pro, NIFT, 2005
• Non linear editing with Final Cut Pro, NIFT, 2004
• Videography and non linear laptop editing,Pathshala, 2001
• Basic Photography and Videography Course,Pathshala, 2000
• Basic Photography Course, Pathshala, 1999
• Producer/Local Producer
• Director of Photography
• Camera operator
• Non linear editor
• Production Assistant
BBC, BBC World, BBC WST, BBC Bangla, HBO, European Paliament, Much Music, TVE, TVEAP, NRK, Ericsson, EU, UNICEF, UNDP, IREX Europe, Channel I, BTV, OHCHR etc.
Uptil Feb 2011 –
• Worked for BBC WST on their education program known as ‘Mojay mojay shekha’
• Worked for S.Oliver a well known German garment producer
• Worked for Marks and Spencer a well known British garments producer and seller
• Worked for Brummer and Partners, a Swedish investor company in Bangladesh
• Worked as development producer at BBC WST in their English Learning Support Program. Directed ‘Bangladesh Business Awards 2009’ videos organized by DHL and The Daily Star and other works.
Education and qualifications
1. ‘New media new chances’- a multimedia course organized by Deutsche Welle Akademie and Pathshala
2. Train the trainers course, by Dr. Uli of Asian Management Institute, 2010
3. Television production training course, August 2008, organized by BBC WST
4. Bachelor of Arts, Photography, (major: photojournalism),2001, Pathshala–South Asian Institute of Photography
5. Diploma in Photography, 1999, Pathshala – South Asian Intitute of Photography
6. Bachelor of Science, Statistics, 1997-1999,National University Bangladesh – 2001
7. World Press Photo workshop 1998,1999 and 2000, organized by World Press Photo Foundation
8. Basic Techniques Course,1998, organized by Drik Picture Library
9. Basic Photography Course,1998, organized by Bangladesh Photographic Society
10. Higher School Certificate, 1996
11. Secondary School Certificate,1994
Video camera equipment experience:
Sony DSR 450/400, Z7, Z1, V1,Z5, EX-3, 570c, 390c, Pd 170, D35, Canon XL1, XL2 and other similar models.
Video editing suite experience: HD ready Mac Pro with Final Cut Studio 2/3 and Mac laptop with Final Cut Pro Studio 3. Adobe Premiere CS4 with Matrox LE system in a Windows Vista environment.
Comfortable with both Macintosh OSX and Windows Vista operating system
Final Cut Pro Studio 2/3 (Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack, Motion)
Adobe Photoshop CS4 (Digital image correction software)
Microsoft Word, Excel
Moderator of e-mail group called ‘infosouth’ which possess a network of filmmakers in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh and some other countries.
July 2004 – 2009, self employed Camera op/Producer/Director/DoP/Video editor/Audio visuals educator for audiovisual programs specializing in ENG/EFP and also working for different organizations as contractor of similar services
2003- July 2004, Producer – Audio Visuals, Drik Picture Library Ltd.
The responsibility was to take care of Drik Audio Visuals and partly for South Asia photo bank (section of Drik Picture Library) and Drik Multimedia.
2002-2003, Photo, Multimedia and Video journalist; Sørvis Kommunikasjon A/S,Norway (worked in Norway for a year as Fredskorpser - Peacecorp). Main responsibilities were to take pictures (both photojournalistic and general client), DVD presentation production, Majorityworld online photo bank and partly for other websites.
2001-2002, Producer - Audio Visuals, Drik Picture Library Ltd.
Main responsibility was to produce audiovisual programs.
1999-2001, Executive (Multimedia), Drik Picture Library Ltd.
Worked as photographer, video editor and web designer.
1999-2003, Freelance photojournalist
Worked as a freelance photojournalist for national and international Newspapers and magazines. Worked on self assigned long term documentary both on stills and video.
Credits Audio Visuals
Filming for BBC World Debate, UNICEF, OHCHR
• Sounds of War (66 mins, hdv) – a two year long project documenting the role of ‘Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendro’ (Free Bangla Radio), Dhaka Radio and Akashvani Kolkata during the liberation war in 1971 of Bangladesh. Researcher, director, camera op, editor.
• 5 minute feature on climate change in Bangladesh for BBC Asia today. Filming and editing
• Test drama of English in Action project for BBC WST. Camera op and editing.
• Trailer of ‘Nirbachoni Sanglap’(Mayoral Debate) for BBC WST. DoP, filming and editing
• Trailer of ‘Bangladesh Sanglap’ for BBC WST
• Democrary (45 mins, hdv) –a baseline survey documentary on Democracy and Islam in Bangladesh for Irex Europe. Dop, filming, editing.
• Bhumi – a documentary on landless people. Camera op.
• ‘Nodi Pothey Bangladesh’. Aerial producer, photographer.
• Trailer of ‘Bangladesh Sanglap’ for BBC WST. Filming and editing
• Corporate video for DHL, The Daily Star. Director, filming and editing.
• Corporate documentary for BSRM. Director, filming and editing
• Corporate documentary for MAERSK. Editor.
• From Strength for Strength – a documentary on women in sports in Bangladesh. Editor.
• A year long technical documentary for ‘TU DELFT’, The Netherlands. Director, cam op and editor.
• Camera op for BBC Asia today
• Tv commercials: Produced two tv commercials for ‘Arendal Hospital’, Norway and ‘Milkvita Liquid Milk’, Bangladesh -
• Worked as freelance camera crew for local BBC World Service.
• Worked for the camera of HBO network on Camel Jockeys in Bangladesh, which was done in U.A.E, Pakistan and Bangladesh
• ‘The porcelain scam’ – a documentary that has been produced for NRK
• Worked with the production team of ‘Much Music’ (famous Canadian Music television) in Bangladesh on Feberuary 2004.
• In Search of the Shade of Banyan Tree –video editor (Shown in ‘Futuresonic’ – a alternative music festival that is held in Manchester)
• Bangladeshi Silk – Nature at it’s purest – director and editor, a documentary for Bangladesh Silk Foundation and The World Bank
• Documentray on Out of Focus – director and video editing
• ’Shakharibazaar’ – ongoing project
• By the Banks of Brahmaputra – video editor
• What the People Say – director and editor, a documentary for Bangladesh Water Board and Canadian International Development Agency
• Documentary presentation for Media South Asia – director and editor
• Monthly programme on ‘Photography’ – Bangladesh Television –photography and editing
• Bangla – worked on 8 documentaries that is produced by NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation)
Photography Long-term projects:
1.Shakharibazaar – ongoing project
The first part was done in the year 2001-2002 and the final part will be done in the year 2009. (Hindu street in Dhaka where no Muslim family lives and the densest populated in the world. Shakhari’s the conch shell bangle makers are living in that same place for the past 450 years. It’s a place where artists born and die like tree leaves without getting noticed. I am portraying their daily life, family and religious values and the tensions behind leaving this family inherited art).
2.Colors of Realisation
3.The imperfect children of Nature
4. Youth of Dhaka
Exhibitions and shows
Upto year 2004
1.‘Pleasure of Life’ – joint photography exhibition in Amsterdam, organized by World Press Photo
2.‘Water’ – joint photography exhibition in UK organized by Arts Council UK
3.Photography exhibition in ‘Chobimela’ – 1st photography festival in Asia, Bangladesh
4.Different other national exhibitions in Bangladesh
5.‘In Search of the Shade of Banyan Tree’ – video editor, presented in Manchester University, Organized by Futuresonic
6.Three documentaries on street children made by Out of Focus group of Drik – coordinator and technical support, presented in Bruxxells and Oberhausen, Belgium.
7. Documentary video presentation on media in Bangladesh – director and editor, Savar, Bangladesh organized by Media South Asia.
8.’What the People Say’ – director and editor - documentary film for CIDA presented in Hotel Pan Pacific Sonargaon and used as educational material in Canadian Schools
9.’Bangladeshi Silk – Nature at it’s purest’ – director and editor – for World Bank.
World Press Photo, Saudi Aramco, New Internationalist, Norwegian Peoples Aid, Norad, Save the Children UK,Danish Centre for Culture and Development, International websites and magazines, Bistandaktuelt, Bangladeshi Newspapers and magazines. Read Less