Derek Brad is an acclaimed photographer from the metropolitan Philadelphia area. His childhood passion for drawing, sketching and illustrating led to a lifelong urge to create and capture images. Derek’s music photography is recognized around the world for its ability to bring the viewer into the electricity and … Read More
Derek Brad is an acclaimed photographer from the metropolitan Philadelphia area. His childhood passion for drawing, sketching and illustrating led to a lifelong urge to create and capture images. Derek’s music photography is recognized around the world for its ability to bring the viewer into the electricity and excitement of a concert experience. This led to his current positions as the house photographer at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts and the Trocadero Theater and he is a regular contributor to Revolver, Rolling Stone, and Rhyme Street magazines, among many others.
Today, Derek has earned a reputation for doing whatever it takes to capture the passion of a performance, the personality of an entertainer or the essence of a brand. However, Derek is more than just a music photographer. He enjoys challenging himself by taking on projects in advertising, editorial and conceptual portraiture as well as personal projects like Musician Portrait Project and Where is Derek Brad's Aston Martin.
The future for Derek Brad is another empty frame, wall, magazine, book, gallery, website, billboard or building waiting to be filled with Derek’s imaginative and innovative work. Let Derek help you, your band, your company or your brand achieve its photographic and visual potential through his fun and creative style.
-"omg!!!! Love these!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Love Love" - Jenn Bostic
- " "Derek Brad has a gift for capturing a facial expression, a gesture, a magical
moment in a performance that when encapsulated by his camera may be relived and
enjoyed forever." - Eímear Noone Conductor (Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess)
- "He is the next level." - Jill Janus of the Huntress
- "Thank you for these stunning live photographs - you are truly gifted!" -Jill Janus of Huntress
- "Thanks for the great pics from Derek Brad Photography! you really caught the passion." -Jacqui from My Arcadia
- "@DerekBrad dude you rule! Thanks!" -Mike Costello from My Arcadia
- "He photographs literally anyone and everyone. If you just look at one page of his blog you’ll see that. He’s got WiL Francis, Selena Gomez, The Who, TV on the Radio, EVERYONE."
- "The term someone came up with to describe DerekBrad's photography was 'living.' Very appropriate, moveable art." Read Less