- Wenger Elite Bag Line
Designed for Avenues
- When designing for Avenues, I looked at the demographic of the up and coming jet setter; the entrepreneur who is looking for a bag that professional yet still has the functionality of your everyday pack. The main problem with packs today is that they are stuffed to the brim and the weight of the pack creates dynamic stress on your shoulders and back. My challenge: design a pack that alleviates the pressure on your shoulders and displaces the weight of the pack along your hips.
- The up and coming jet setters, a set of individuals who travel frequently for both business and pleasure.
Graduate degree or higher
Key retailers: Best Buy, Staples, and Office Depot
- Designing for initial factors like pack fit, weight distribution, user accessibility, and features which included wrist torsion reduction, tension back support, and a self locating center of gravity.
Research and Development
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that backpack related injuries sent more than 7,000 people to the emergency room in 2001 alone.
-American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
To account for the dynamic stress placed on the body while in use, the pack includes:
1. Shoulder guides help keep bag aligned on your back
2. Weight that is displaced off the shoulders
3. Weight that is distributed along the hips
4. Waist pads hug the body to give a secure fit
User Survey Feedback
- For out research we generated a survey to conduct user research on how our users utilize their current packs and gain feedback at concept designs.
The survey results were:
Always travels with laptop
Travels Internationally and Domestic
Accessibility and Organization is Important
Travels with Planes and Trains
Comfort and Aesthetics are Important
Rotating Ring Development
- For the ring development, I found that the dynamic stress placed on the users body was significantly reduced when the bag was able to move freely and find its own center of gravity.
Universal Ring Feature
- With the development of a rotating ring assembly, the bag is now able to adjust itself freely from the user and finds its own center of gravity. This ring assembly can be transmitted to various bag styles to create a iconic figure that defines the line.
- With these combination of features, the up and coming jet setter has a bag that looks professional, fits right, and works well
1. Rotating Ring Strap
2. Trolley Strap Recess
3. Tension Back Support
4. Wide Waist Straps
5. Travel Portfolio Pocket
- Updated Rendering!
- Since completing this project in 2010, my skills have become better and i knew I had to try my hand at developing a better rendering.