a Grzegorz Jonkajtys & Marcin Kobylecki film
- "Ark", a short animated film created using a rather unconventional animated film production technique. An automated set comprising a Nikon D70 camera and a MILO Motion Control system were used to combine realistic settings with computer animation.
Director: Grzegorz Jonkajtys
Producers: Grzegorz Jonkajtys, Marcin Kobylecki
Co- producers: Piotr Sikora, Jaroslaw Sawko (Platige Image)
Miniatures: Marcin Kobylecki, Thomas MayerR&D: Adam Wierzchowski
- Concept artby Damian Bajowski
- Set designMiniatures
- The movie employs handmade models, photographed with the use of a Nikon D70s camera. The richly-detailed set would have been complicated, arduous, and in many cases even impossible to create with computer technology.
- Motion control
- A Motion Control system was used to capture movement. The system enabled the filmmakers to take multiple moving shots with the camera along a very precisely defined trajectory. This made it possible to create several different versions of the same shot, each with unique lighting. Thanks to this solution, the creators of "Ark" were able to simulate natural illumination in computer-generated scenes in any number of ways.
- Animation process
- Shots breakdown
- The Spiderman figure was used as a reference object for shooting :)