Eric S. Townsend is an American digital marketing manager, designer and author. He has served hundreds of brands through his advertising and creative work since 1994, including members of the Fortune 500. Townsend has been recognized for excellence by the The Webbys, PR Week, American Marketing Association, Societ… Read More
Eric S. Townsend is an American digital marketing manager, designer and author. He has served hundreds of brands through his advertising and creative work since 1994, including members of the Fortune 500. Townsend has been recognized for excellence by the The Webbys, PR Week, American Marketing Association, Society for Marketing Professional Services, Service Industry Advertising Awards, Washington Business Journal, Kickstarter, and the Northern Virginia Technology Council. He serves as leadership mentor in the Everwise program. He has published 22 books in self improvement, business, sports, humor, poetry and fiction. His most recent work is The Legend of Tabula Raisa (2016) and an accompanying travel adventure series for young children, Excursions (2015). His innovative work with Go Booklets (2012) has contributed meaningfully to the "small books" movement in publishing. In the music industry, he has been credited as songwriter or producer on over 100 compositions for guitar and voice.
Service has included the following distinguished U.S. and international organizations aged 70 to 270 years: Absolut Vodka (est. 1879), AIA (est. 1857), American Red Cross (est. 1881), B’nai B’rith International (est. 1843), Catholic Charities (est. 1910), Cort Furniture (est. 1845), First National Bank (est. 1857), Goodwill (est. 1902), Leo A Daly Architects (est. 1915), Mitsubishi Corporation (est. 1918), National Rifle Association (est. 1871), Navy Federal Credit Union (est. 1933), Pfizer (est. 1849), Rutgers University (est. 1766), Saab (est. 1945), Skanska (est. 1887), Sotheby’s (est. 1744), Universal Music Group (est. 1934), University of North Carolina (est. 1789), University of Richmond (est. 1830).
Has also served startups, small businesses and challenger brands.
Staff Pick, Showcased (#1 of 418 in Publishing, for Tabula Raisa), from Kickstarter. Initiated 2009. Recognizes particularly compelling, fun, creative, and exciting new ideas with well-priced rewards and a great story.
Innovator Award (Mobility Category, for Latista Technologies), from Northern Virginia Technology Council. Initiated 2013. Recognizes groundbreaking and influential technology companies in the DC area who’ve made a significant impact on customers.
Silver & Bronze Medals (Advertising Category, two clients), from Service Industry Advertising Awards. Initiated 2003. Recognizes advertising excellence in the service industry. Based on creativity, quality, appeal, and breakthrough content.
“Doing More With Less” (for Goodwill), from PR Week Magazine. Like the M Award from AMA, recognizes excellence in
M Award (For Mint Fitness), from American Marketing Association. Initiated 2002. Recognizes marketers and campaigns that demonstrate solid strategy, brilliant innovation, and positive return on investment.
Book of Lists (Top Creative Agencies, #17, for SQN), from Washington Business Journal. Features hundreds of the hottest area companies in their fields. Ranks the top 25 by revenue generated.
Outstanding Pharmaceutical Website (for Pfizer), from The Webbys. Initiated 1996. Recognizes excellence on the internet including websites, interactive advertising, online film/video, and mobile content.
Corporate Identity Silver Medal (for Leo A Daly Architects), from Society for Marketing Professional Services. Initiated 1976. Recognizes excellence in marketing communications by professional services firms in the design and building industry.
• Available for contract-to-hire, full-employment, projects or consulting.
• Typical Roles include digital marketing manager, creative director, project lead, designer, writer, editor, vocal talent.
• Focuses include differentiation, attraction, engagement, competitiveness, consistency, fit and voice.
• Has enhanced the market readiness and stickiness of over 400 brands.
• Wrote articles for Navy Federal Credit Union (picked up by 1,000+ pubs, 80 million impressions, inc. LA Times, Chicago Tribune and others). Wrote ad campaigns for "Snap2It" Cert/IRA launch (goal: 70K certs, $500M; hit +105%) and "Share the Good Fortune" member drive (goal: 11K; hit 18.8K, +171%).
• Helped Latista Technology to realize +150% web traffic, +700% leads and +60% annual growth rate (via retainer contract). Recognized for innovation by Northern Virginia Technology Council for GUI work. Led to national recognition, acquisition and merger with Textura.
• Delivered Basement Detective from startup to the top of their Google vertical in home improvement (via retainer contract). • Wrote a pitch framework, generated leads, and contributed to closes worth up to $250,000 for Terrascape (via retainer contract).
• Completed professional sales training and closed for MidAtlantic Waterproofing with the highest avg. sale, $14,350 (+15%, avg. sale = $12,200).
• Helped Koa Sports hit favorable metrics via its baseball program. 96% surveyed: "child is improving his skills," 89% surveyed: "child is more passionate about baseball. • Led a $159,770 membership drive. Highlights: 22% new customers, 92% retention (returning customers).
• Helped national law firm Gacovino Lake to launch Persist™ a CRM software for legal teams (via retainer contract).
• Achieved favorable email results — open rate: 30.4% to 41.2%, click rate: 13.1% to 20.7%.
• Funded on Kickstarter: raised ~$13,000, Staff Pick, Featured listing (#1 of 418 projects).
• Helped a youth sports org to hit favorable metrics via its baseball program. 96% surveyed: "child is improving his skills," 89% surveyed: "child is more passionate about baseball. "
• Led a $159,770 membership drive — 22% new customers, 92% retention (returning customers).
• Created and launched Tabula Raisa (early learning products). Trademarks protected by the U.S. Patent and Trade Office (serial #s 86570349, 86574937). Filed with the U.S. Copyrights Office (case # 1-2258907701). Visit TabulaRaisa.com for more information. Read Less