Designer in Residence
Small (yet perfectly formed) design shop. Activities are split between self-supported initiatives, friendly collaborations, teaching design and creativity skills and client-commissioned projects.
- Design and manufacture of small to medium runs of bespoke laser-cut products for clients such as Bert's Bees, BBC, National Trust, Courvoisier, Red Bull
- Design and development of board game and map related products to sell through the Design Forge store
- Digital and analogue marketing and PR
Associate Lecturer in Graphic Design and Visual Communication
Teaching first year product design and digital media undergraduates graphic design theory; ways to communicate efficiently through form, function and aesthetics; and Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign training.
Designer and Project Manager
Providing a range of graphic, web, print and brand design solutions for international organisations including Global Reporting, Greenpeace, Elsevier, Deltafix, and the David Lynch Foundation.
- Art directing a team of contracted designers, supervising project workflow from concept to delivery
- Formulate and implement design concepts and presentation approaches
- Creating brand communication materials on online and offline mediums
- Responsible of maintaining the required standards for various types of projects
- Create and assemble images and graphics to produce designs for websites, print media, product design, displays and productions
- Represent clients and ensure that specifications meet client requirements
- Solid understanding of Agile Methodology
- Communicate risks, obstacles, schedule, and quality to stakeholders
- December 2015
Developing visual identities, graphic interfaces for web and multimedia presentations and various prints to help fund my education.
- Hand coding clean HTML and CSS to Web standards with some experience in PHP, JQuery and Python
- Front end code optimisation for best performance
- Using templating systems, content editing and management with WordPress & Drupal
- Thorough understanding of accessibility and cross platform browser issues and capabilities (mobile and desktop)
- Search engine optimisation
- November 2009