★ Founder | Editor | Public Relations | Designer
Founded The Game Scouts, a multimedia news and reviews venue focused on the entertainment industry. Served as media liaison at major industry events. Established ongoing partnerships with publishers and developers. Supervised all editorial content from contributing writers. Weekly page layout and graphic management. Developed online marketing strategies. Handled press releases and served as lead contact between all clients.
• Brand identity and logo design.
• Ran successful Facebook and Twitter advertisement campaigns.
• Featured on global TV spot (Disney) less than 6 months post launch.
• Articles highlighted on major manufacturer and publisher sites.
• Interviewed prominent figures in the entertainment industry.
• Improved SEO rankings.
Virginia, United States
★ Commercial Artist | Creative Director | Business Owner
Managed budgeting, commerce and customer service of creative business. Responsible for market assessment, research and strategic business planning. Collaborated with national and international clients on creative projects with a focus on editorial illustration, production work, advertising illustration, web illustration/design, sequential imaging and concept art. Devised innovative campaign concepts that attracted national and international media attention. Provided regular editorial work to dozens of clients worldwide for over a decade. Led multi-agency creative teams from concept to fruition. Created diverse promotional web and print material for various companies.
• Worked with General Mills on the Fruit by the Foot advertising campaign.
• Produced art for Mountain Dew’s DewMocracy campaign.
• Created concept art for Seth Morrison’s clothing line with Oakley.
• Created concept art for award-winning independent film, The Aviatrix.
• Illustrated literacy intervention books for struggling readers.
• Featured in several educational art books and creative magazines
Select Clients: Adobe, Mountain Dew, Entertainment Weekly, Newsweek, The New York Times, Playboy, The Washington Post, Oakley, General Mills, Men’s Health, Runner’s World, CFA, Military Officer Association of America, Scholastic, Pearson, Die Zeit, The Lawfirm of Netherlands, Wealth Manager Magazine, Harcourt, The Fast Company
Virginia, United States
★ Art Educator | Admissions Coordinator
Instructed courses such as Concept Art, Digital Drawing, Typography and Design, Senior Studio, Senior Portfolio, Figure Drawing, Art Foundation and Sequential Imaging. During my teaching years, I contributed to Michael Fleishman’s educational book, Drawing Inspiration: Visual Artists At Work. I continue to serve as an educator through university lectures, private lessons and my process blog where I provide business and career advice for rising artists.
• Developed teaching and curricular innovations.
• Directed theses and senior dissertations.
• Evaluated applicant portfolios to determine admission.
• Organized course information and educational ideas.
• Supervised department’s technological assets.
• Guest speaker at student organizations.
• Provided career counseling for graduates.
- May 2010
Richmond, Virginia, United States