Marketing Design, Web Design, Product Development, Creative Direction
Originally brought onto the team of this ambitious startup while we were developing an e-commerce platform to bring in publishers from my network. After one pivot my efforts shifted into product development and marketing design. During a second pivot, I continued to help with product development, while taking on more of a creative director role, overseeing the design and development of our homepage, and all marketing materials both print and web.
Santa Monica, California, United States
A&R / Creative
• Effectively managed a full spectrum of artists across multiple experience levels via cross-functional collaboration and leadership, while accommodating multiple challenging situations and personalities under tight production pressures.
• Utilized critical insight and imaginative vision in the form of comprehensive project management during all phases of product development from inception to release, including supervision of copy, content, art and design execution, budget adherence, production/manufacturing scheduling, and approval of final product.
• Led teams of 8+ to success in the development of marketing assets internally and externally, spearheading styling, location and model scouting, and hiring of photographers, stylists, and hair/make-up artists.
• Incorporated intuitive understanding of evolving market nuances to consistently raise the quality bar, such as innovative new artist signings, resulting in two Billboard #1 Dance Hits and the signing of Wolfgang Gartner’s debut release - a recent Grammy-nominated artist who has had six Beatport #1 hits with combined physical and digital sales surpassing 200,000 units.
• Hand-selected music for 20 Om compilations and distinguished branding campaigns for clients such as Diet Coke, Banana Republic, Virgin Megastore, Hotel Vitale, Americano Restaurant, and InMotion Entertainment.
• Pitched music for high-profile licensing opportunities resulting in film, television and video game placements such as CSI Miami, The Devil Wears Prada, T-Mobile, American Idol Allstar Game, Champion’s League (EA Sports), and a Lincoln Automobile Advert.
• With an unrelenting persistence in brand stewardship, guided the world-renowned label during the difficult shift from heavy physical distribution into the then newly-developing digital age by building relationships with digital sales and social media partners, and utilizing conversance with different media including audio, video, print, and interactive.
- August 2009
San Francisco, California, United States