I am a highly skilled digital designer and illustrator with a passion for storytelling. I have worked in the creative industry for over eight years, specialising in short form animations and digital experiences designed for children and young people. I have worked with a number of prestigious companies including the BBC, Macmillan Education and Pearson. I enjoy a good challenge, treating each new project as an opportunity to refine my skills even further.
• Illustration including concept art, character design & environment design
• Animation for short form animations & interactive applications
• Coding of simple applications
• Editing and compiling of video footage
• Sourcing and editing of audio/SFX
• Liaising with clients and suppliers.
• Design and programming of interactive applications used for educational purposes
• Illustration and animation of visuals featured in the applications
• Working with content producers to research and develop the content and games featuring in the applications
• Liaising with teachers and content producers
• Design of application packaging.
• Design of graphics to be applied to large fibreglass sculptures
• Painting approved designs on to fibreglass sculptures
• Managing a small team of supporting painters
• Time management of painting stage to ensure sculptures were completed within strict deadlines.
BA (Hons) Graphics Arts (specialising in Animation) (2.1)
• Studied a mix of traditional and digital illustration & animation styles and techniques
• Regular use of the Adobe Suite
• Completed a module in Photography, focussing on storytelling
• Completed a module in Life Drawing
• Studied the basics of coding in Flash: ActionScript 3.0
- May 2009
After Effects, Animate, Audition, CSS, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, Illustrator, Indesign, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Premiere Pro,
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Team player