Production & Design Specialist
• Developed systems to create a faster and more efficient work flow between the production team and departments in Qatar and the UK.
• Coordinated and art directed the outsourcing of design inputs – including designers, photographers, calligraphers, illustrators and typesetters – to fit into agreed design and production schedules.
• Designed the majority of all English and Arabic trade book covers.
• Executed layout and art direction of all English and Arabic children's books.
• Art directed the design, layout and production of various award-winning books such as:
- The Bamboo Stalk (Arabic Literary Translation, Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize, 2016)
- Mah and Me (Best Story, Etisalat Award for Arabic Children’s Literature, 2015)
- The Hidden Light of Objects (First Book Award, Edinburgh International Book Festival, 2014)
• Supervised the quality and production of mono books, colored children's books, marketing materials and internal design needs (print & digital) to ensure timely, high-quality and cost-effective delivery.
• Oversaw the design and production of all collaterals and signage for the company booths at multiple book fairs in Middle East.
• Conceptualized, designed and managed the production of high-end giveaway collaterals for various exclusive events.
• Liaised between external communications and agencies to align branding and campaigns.
• Navigated procurement process to secure quality and budget-conscious suppliers regionally and internationally.
• Implemented branding and marketing campaigns for events including:
- Ajyal Youth Film Festival (1st ed.) with design consultancy firm Saffron.
- Doha Tribeca Film Festival (4th ed.) with design consultancy firm 2x4 and Brigitte Lacombe.
- TEDx Summit with creative agency We Are Pi.
• Created marketing collaterals, bilingual publications and digital material for websites and social media platforms of above-mentioned events.
• Designed collaterals and digital graphics for year-round screenings, workshops and special events.
• Collaborated with design consultancy firm Saffron on the Doha Film Institute rebranding, which included the conception of a customized Arabic typeface.
- February 2014
Freelance Graphic Designer
• Doha Tribeca Film Festival (3rd ed.): Designed marketing collaterals, bilingual publications and digital material for the website and social media. Focused on formulation and implementation of event branding and campaign by 2x4 and photographer Brigitte Lacombe.
• Richard III (Kevin Spacey play produced by Brooklyn Academy of Music and The Old Vic): adapted existing event graphics to be on par with DFI’s guidelines.
- December 2011
Junior Graphic Designer
• Oversaw 5 regional branches simultaneously of upscale international Swiss hotel chain, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts. Work focused on hotel advertising, collaterals and publications, conceptualization and execution of restaurant branding.
• Rebranded corporate identity, collaterals and packaging of renowned Beiruti restaurant, Socrate Catering.
• Administered client-based corporate branding and publication projects.
- September 2011
Freelance Multimedia Designer
• Designed visuals and created interactive graphics for festival's website.
• Edited and archived photographs for festival's website.
• Managed online content and data through the iSite Content Management System.
- November 2009