Production & Design Specialist
- Establish and design a large portfolio of English and Arabic trade book covers.
- Generate and art direct the layout and production of various Award-winning children's books.
- Oversee the quality and production of children's books, book covers, marketing materials and internal design needs (print & digital) to ensure timely, high quality and cost-effective delivery.
- Conceptualize, design and manage the production of high-end giveaway collaterals for various exclusive events.
- Coordinate and art direct the outsourcing of design inputs – such as designers, photographers, calligraphers, illustrators and typesetters – to fit in into agreed design and production schedules.
- Engineer systems in order to create a faster and more efficient work flow between the production team and departments in Qatar and the UK.
- Head the design and production of all collaterals and signage for the company booths at multiple Book Fairs in Middle East.
- Navigate procurement process to secure quality and budget-conscious suppliers regionally and internationally.
- Serve as liaison between external communications and agencies to align branding and campaigns.
- Created marketing collaterals, bilingual publications and digital material for the websites and social media platforms of several events (listed below).
- Developed and implemented event branding and marketing campaigns.
- Designed collaterals and graphics for year-round screenings, workshops and special events.
- Collaborated with design consultancy firm Saffron on the Doha Film Institute rebranding, which included the conception of a customized Arabic typeface.
- Implemented design work for the following events:
• Ajyal Youth Film Festival (1st ed.) with design consultancy firm Saffron.
• Doha Tribeca Film Festival (4th ed.) with design consultancy firm 2x4 and Brigitte Lacombe.
• TEDx Summit with creative agency We Are Pi.
- February 2014
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Doha Tribeca Film Festival (3rd ed.): Designed marketing collaterals, bilingual publications and digital material for the website and social media. Focused on formulation and implementation of event branding and campaign by 2x4 and photographer Brigitte Lacombe.
- Richard III (Kevin Spacey play produced by Brooklyn Academy of Music and The Old Vic): adjusted existing event graphics to fit the company’s guidelines.
- December 2011
Junior Graphic Designer
- Handled simultaneously over 5 regional branches of upscale international Swiss hotel chain,
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts. Work focused on hotel advertising, collaterals and publications, conceptualization and execution of restaurant branding.
- Rebranded corporate identity and print material of renowned Beiruti restaurant, Socrate Catering.
- Administered client-based corporate branding and publication projects.
- September 2011
Freelance Multimedia Designer
- Designed visuals and created interactive graphics for the festival website.
- Edited and archived photographs for the festival website.
- Managed online content through the iSite Content Management System.
- November 2009