Director of Mobile Product
Building the world's largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace.
San Francisco, California, United States
Head of Product
Previously the #1 iOS App in 49 countries, and named App of the Week. Viddy is a simple way to capture, create and share mobile videos with friends. I lead product efforts around product market fit and v2.0 of the apps under tight timelines and at a crucial time for the business (post $30M series B, at a $370M Valuation).
- Responsible for product and growing the user-base by more then 10 million users to a total of 55 million.
- Lead R&D efforts and rapid prototyping of new product features, including the first Android release.
- Managed product efforts focusing on the core product, video beautification, filters, user acquisition, multi variate testing and additional features to version 2.0+ of the Viddy application across iOS, Android, Mobile Web and Web.
- July 2013
Venice, California, United States
Director - Mobile Websites & Apps
BUZZMEDIA, the web’s fastest growing entertainment publisher reaching more than 100M monthly pop culture, music and entertainment enthusiasts worldwide. I'm heading up the mobile initiative and responsible for leading end-to-end product management. Including product strategy, P&L, roadmap development, launch of the Mobile initiative, enhancing BuzzMedia's mobile web sites, building feature rich and experimental native iOS, Android (et al) apps, and over time extending the footprint to include other IP-enabled devices for over 40+ top internet brands.
Celebslam, Celebuzz, Crunk & Disorderly, Egotastic, Fanpop, Go Fug Yourself, Hark, Just Jared, Just Jared Jr. OK! Magazine, Pink is the New Blog, Radar Online, Socialite Life, The Frisky, The Superficial, ThisNext, Videogum, What Would Tyler Durden Do, Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Whitney Port
Absolute Punk, Brooklyn Vegan, Buzznet, Concrete Loop, Direct Lyrics, Gorilla vs Bear, Idolator, Pop Matters, Punk News, PureVolume, RCRD LBL, SPIN, Stereogum, The Hype Machine, XLR8R
- December 2012
Hollywood, California, United States
Senior Product Manager, Mobile Websites & Apps
Main responsibilities included driving core Myspace product sets and critical components for companies re-branding and new strategy. Tasks included gathering and prioritization of product requirements from customers, executives, competitors, and engineering. Worked with executives to set the strategic vision for entire mobile product line and ensured the product line strategy and vision aligned with the greater strategy of the company. Worked closely with engineering, to deliver world class products and with cross functional teams to ensure success metrics and customer satisfaction goals were meet post launch.
- Product lead for iPhone, Android, and iPad development. Including Myspace’s new iPhone & Android V2 application, used by roughly 4.5 million users a day in 18 languages worldwide.
- Developed placements and strategized advertising on the mobile site and in apps to drive monetization. Worked closely on developing innovative new navigation for user’s content stream.
- Product lead and lead ideation sessions with User Experience and vertical teams to conceptualize innova- tive new apps, resulting in 6 new apps, with one patent pending.
- Strategized re-branding effort of company and translated to mobile products.
- Actively participated in the group’s strategic planning process to advise Execs on new areas of profitable growth and advertising opportunities in app and on the mobile website.
- Worked with Carriers and OEMs including Motorola, Intel, Samsung, HP/Palm, among others to build plat- form specific applications and new product concepts.
- July 2011
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Head of Mobile Product - Android, iOS, MWeb
Tagged is one of the largest global social networks with 300M registered users and 15M MAU. Users spend as much time on site, and as frequently, as Facebook. Product mix includes social networking, instant messaging, gaming, online dating, friend discovery, group forums, user-generated content, virtual currency, online security, micro-payments, and subscriptions across 120 countries.
Leading mobile initiative, including: P&L ownership, roadmap, product strategy, rapid prototyping of v2 iOS 7 and Android Kit-Kat Apps. Currently building mobile product team and delivering next version of mobile apps/site. Managing expansion of business through monetization efforts in virtual currency, e-commerce, and subscription models. Advising executives of business investments, monetization opportunities, mobile advertising, and QA policy/strategies. Lead practitioner of Agile and responsible for moving the product and mobile engineering team to Kanban Agile methodology.
- August 2014
San Francisco, California, United States
Product Lead, M-GO
A joint venture between DreamWorks Animation & Technicolor. MediaNavi was a multi-screen content platform designed to make navigating the universe of content simple, seamless, and social.
- Lead ideation and definition of Social and Search/Recommendations for product.
- Collaborated with Project Management team on achieving sprint, release & overall product milestones.
- Created requirements, drove entertainment and internet products and services in areas such as web serv- ices, web devices, home entertainment devices, e-commerce, streaming video, digital rights management as well as search & recommendation technologies.
- Interacted with key home networking technologies including DLNA & 802.11 protocols, digital video CO- DECs & infrastructure access networks of Cable, Telco, over the top video & CDN providers.
- September 2011
Burbank, California, United States
Owned and operated this video / photo production company.
Selected Clients / Projects:
Harper's Bazaar Arabia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Producer, Senior Product Manager
Main responsibilities included planning, developing and launching new syndicated mobile channels for GoTV's studio. Worked with Supervising Producer and account management team to identify new prod- ucts and feature sets. While providing oversight and guidance to assure development of product specifi- cations. Served as Product Manager to Billabong, Revolver Magazine, Destroy TV, Cracked.com and other channels of the network. Was responsible for the monitoring and reporting of sales/usage/ customer feedback and guided strategies to increase user engagement on the managed channels across multiple mobile platforms and carriers.
- Developed creative concepts, treatments and edits of content for Billabong, Revolver Magazine, Destroy TV, Cracked.com and other GoTV studio projects. Product views ranged from 80k to 120k per month on every major carrier.
- Managed full life cycle of production for mobile applications on Android, iPhone, iPad, and Blackberry.
- Managed and fostered key relationships with multiple clients, that lead to new business and growth.
- Doubled production workflow and increased inner company communication with new task management system. Resulted in overall output increase for production with little cost.
- August 2010
Los Angeles, California, United States
65 Media is an interactive agency specializing in marketing campaigns for the entertainment and consumer product industries. Primary responsibilities included scheduling and coordination of projects, through all phases, including the initial conceptual stages through to ﬁnal delivery and maintenance. Managing a staff of internal designers, developers, and external resources. Served as the daily client contact, and solely responsible for ensuring client satisfaction while continually building upon the client/vendor relationship. Also, in charge of video and photo production.
- Management of studio projects for Warner Brothers, Universal, SEGA, and George Lopez. Project sizes ranged from $100k to $400k +.
- Producer for ‘Land of the Lost’ theatrical web site and web marketing, awarded FWA site of day.
- Managed client and internal expectations of Warner Brothers Tweety and Iron Man 2 video game.
- February 2010
Santa Monica, California, United States
Future Solutions Inc.
Managed all aspects of this production company whose clients include TV networks, major corporations and advertising agencies. Served as New Media Director and Producer in addition to overseeing all projects, supervising production crews, managing client relationships, and filming/editing projects. Clients include Botox, AIG, Mazda, Oakley, Sony, and major advertising agencies.
• Saved company $200,000 and drove up productivity by “in–housing” production, proposing and receiving funding for five new employees, motivating and training existing staff into creative specialists, and assuming full production responsibility for all media projects.
• Head of production for Mazda Motors & Kia Motors interactive press releases in 2006 - 2008. Handled both direction and production, delivering 7 high-quality press pieces with projects continuing.
• Developed marketing materials through use of video for Sony DADC. Video was for an emerging technology and resulted in a business partnership.
- October 2008
Irvine, California, United States