London, United Kingdom
Leah Kirsten Design
Freelance Graphic & Surface Designer, Illustrator
I work with various clients in the insurance, fashion, education, water treatment, communication, non-profit and publishing
• Creating infographics, illustrations, presentations, creating and redesign of corporate identities, brochures, company and
product portfolios, greeting cards, invitations, pattern design, and product photo deep-etching, photo manipulation,
social media and content management strategies, and wedding photography
I am part of a small team that was brought in to educate and challenge bankers (our clients) to think of design and
their presentations differently. I have worked in hundreds of different companies’ branding while working here, as the
presentations we create are always ‘client-style’ and not in Morgan Stanley branding.
• Working side by side with clients to create more effective proposals and investor presentations for their clients
• Creating infographics to visualise complex concepts
• Creating powerpoint templates in the client’s branding (including covers, section dividers, inside pages, as well as
• E-learning training videos for Morgan Stanley: designing and animating in ppt and using Articulate Studio ’13 to
create quizzes and interactions and exporting for the internal LMS system
• Brochures, presentations, animations, and other documents in Morgan Stanley branding
• Shadowing colleagues through an After Effects animated video, as well as completing a 5-day course in After Effects
- October 2017
I was the sole in-house graphic designer at this mid-size media analytics company. I worked directly with the CEO
and Operations Manager of the company to create all materials listed below.
• Created all digital and print designs including client and conference presentations, digital magazines, art direction,
infographics, posters, banners, templates, business cards, letterheads, advertisements, developing and refreshing the
brand identity, and various sales material
- February 2015
Graphic Design & Social Media Management
I was the sole designer for this small start-up in the cosmetics industry. The company, one of the first of its kind at the time,
sold subscription cosmetic sampling boxes.
• Created all designs including presentations, packaging, branding for new product lines, and assets for the website
• Managed and created all social media content, created social media strategies and campaigns, as well as responding
to comments and complaints from time to time
• Photographed product shots needed for promotional materials
• Helped with producing and shooting promotional videos for social media campaigns
- May 2012
Freelance Pattern Designer
I created several surface patterns for Design Kist to be sold through their website.
- December 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
I interned for this surface design company, creating card designs, wrapping paper & window displays, preparing product for markets & shops, as well as learning how the company was run.
- December 2010