Fashion designer and illustrator, Independent
Women's RTW collections, Surface design and Illustration
New York, New York, United States
Lead designer apparel & textiles
- Re-defined the brand DNA and improved the creative teamwork, resulting in a 70% increase in sales.
- Responsible for all phases of design development of four full RTW collections a year, through to final fit approval.
- Developed initial concepts, mood boards and colour stories for each season, all categories (Woven, Cut & Sew, Sweater)
- Researched and analysed fashion market to establish key trends for the season, regular travel to NYC, Paris, London. - Designed all-over statement prints for silk fabrics. Screen print and digital print. Concept, repeats & color ways.
- Fabric sourcing with manufacturers and at European textile trade shows such as Première vision & Munich Fabric Start.
- Worked closely with in-house pattern maker, tech designer and production manager.
- Managed design assistants and mentored interns.
- Art direction for image shoots, look books and runway shows.
- July 2014