Interactive Director + Designer
Responsible for furthering business development by identifying and researching potential clients, initializing and maintaining contact, putting together proposals, and acting as project manager throughout the relationship. Also tasked with expanding the WPD social media presence and continuing to engage our audiences, while tackling a variety of client and internal print and web projects.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Because no creative is an island, the Hampton Roads chapter of AIGA, the professional association for design, formed in March 2005. Our thriving community now has a bridge to everyone interested in the creative communication arts—inside and outside of our local area. The improved flow of ideas and communication across that bridge can only help raise awareness and professional standards for ourselves and for future generations.
- June 2013
Virginia, United States
Designer & User Experience Engineer
Designed websites, social networks, online applications, and iPhone/iPad apps that allowed people to get things done better and/or faster, connect to other people, have fun, and experience life. Also provided idea development, logo design, and branding for startup clients.
- November 2011
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Specializing in wedding and engagement album design, wedding and special occasion stationery (including date savers and invitations), and event planning services.
- January 2011
Suffolk, Virginia, United States
• Supervised and trained new graphic designers, aiding in job workflow and art direction.
• In charge of all design projects, marketing, and website maintenance for five different client associations (Association Green, Green Run Homes Association, MODSIM World Conference & Expo, National Association of Residential Property Managers, Virginia Mortgage Lenders Association) and four in-house companies (Meeting Strategies International, Legislative Strategies Group, OMG Office Business Centers, and OMG).
• Implemented company re-branding with new stationery, and external and internal websites.
• In charge of proposal design, layout, and communications strategies.
• Introduced branding consistency for all clients; created detailed style guides and identity manuals.
• Developed national public relations campaign and several direct mail campaigns.
• Completed multi-step projects start to finish under numerous tight deadlines (concept, design and layout, copywriting, proofreading, print-ready, print process) for monthly magazines, quarterly newsletters, annual membership directories, event campaigns, and marketing materials.
• Responsible for most client website redesigns. Redesigns included Alpha College of Real Estate, Hampton Roads REALTORS® Association, IREM® Virginia Tidewater Chapter 39, MODSIM World Conference & Expo, North Carolina Academy of Real Estate, Southeastern Carwash Association, Tidewater Mortgage Bankers Association, Virginia Association of Governmental Purchasing, and Virginia Mortgage Lenders Association.
• Established and maintained various social media communities, including Facebook and Twitter.
• Developed diverse advertising programs and other revenue-generating opportunities while maintaining multiple client budgets throughout all publications projects.
• Served as a member of the Teambuilding Committee, responsible for organizing several teambuilding activities and programs to boost morale and inspire staff.
- November 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
• lia sophia, Las Mariposas team: October 2010 – August 2011
Acting as a companion to lia sophia’s corporate archives, the team website is a central hub of information for the region and encourages participation from units in other states, featuring current specials, incentives, booking games, recruiting ideas, reports, and more.
• coco lovely: June 2009
Developed company branding identity (logo, letterhead, business cards, blog header).
• Ayres Ceramic Tile and Marble: July 2008
Developed company branding identity (logo, letterhead, business cards) and website.
• Created various print projects for local restaurants and cafes, and developed websites for a local neighborhood, pizzeria, two restaurants, and a church: June 2002 – January 2007
• Advance Mortgage: November 2006
Created flyers promoting home ownership for an upcoming bridal show.
• Gherardini Enterprises: April 2005 – January 2007
Designed several logos, websites, and print projects.
• Small Business Web Design: March 2005 – January 2007
Completed several website projects through an independent contract agreement. Projects included an accounting firm, attorney’s office, catering company, computer training school, ice sculpting company, motorcycle and ATV service, and a meal preparation service.
• Allstate Insurance Company: January 2005
Created rental insurance flyer distributed throughout Aspen Racquet Club Apartments.
• Stern Engineering & Design: November 2004 – July 2005
Designed logo, letterhead, and business cards. Coordinated promotional items including t-shirts and a website. Completed several administrative tasks and developed multiple forms and documents.
• H2O Restaurant & Bar: May 2003 – July 2005
Created several original logos, menu covers, and flyers, and developed a new website.
Virginia, United States