Worked as a graduate trainee in Assembly Planning and was part of the team responsible for the Chassis Lines. Was responsible for implementation, analysis and improvement of processes and equipment for the Engine Dressing line, Rear Axle Line and Chassis Line.
Also undertook analysis for new product launches and their impact on the current production set up to isolate areas for improvements and changes.
Oversaw and co ordinated projects - from inception, budgeting to their implementation.
- February 2015
Worked as an industrial in-plant intern at Assembly Planning and was a part of the team responsible for the assembly lines for Trim, Door and Cockpit.
• Prepared after extensive research a special document that gives a complete overview of the process on the assembly line including parts being fitted, types of fitments, the torque values (wherever applicable) and the tools being used for all variants
• Participated in Kontinuierlicher Verbesserungsprozess (KVP) workshop. Made small improvements on the assembly line that reduced various wastes (Movement, Space and Time). Also designed an ergonomic seat for Earthing Cable Fitment operation which had certain ergonomic issues.
• Conducted completed research (accommodation in existing area, system compatibility, technical feasibility) for a windshield gluing robot as a backup unit (during breakdowns) that will run parallel (during normal operation). Also managed procurement and budget for the system.
• Presented the Oil System and Cooling System being used in current VW Models (1.2L, 1.4L, 1.6L and TSI engines). This helped in better understanding of the upcoming 1.5L engine plant at Chakan. Presented in an unorthodox and creative manner for better understanding of the managerial staff.
- June 2014
1. Carried out detailed analysis and designed fixture for high volume output of a product.
2. A total of three fixtures were modelled using Siemens UniGraphics NX PLM Software.
3. Modified the process and designed a new fixture utilizing old outdated manufacturing machines
4. Documented the complete manufacturing process of a product and developed the detailed process flow chart for the entire journey of the product through various departments.
5. Worked on shop floor for assembly, packing and dispatching as a learning process.
- December 2012