DESCRIPTION: Trigger Design, a brand design firm, is seeking a freelance-to-hire designer who's experienced in print and web design to join our team. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable working across a wide range of disciplines — (print, packaging, event, web). This is NOT a website coding/development position but experience in this area is a huge plus.
Qualified candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated, creative individual who pays exceptional attention to detail. Successful candidates will be versatile and able to take direction and responsibility for assigned projects. Working under the supervision of the Creative Director, this team member will be responsible for exploration, conceptual and visual development, and final execution of design directions.
• Understand brand strategy/development and design objectives for assigned projects
• The desire to constantly improve
• Commitment to professionalism, hard work, and high-quality creative concepts
• Possess a strong sense of design, layout and typography principles
• Ability to maintain focus under pressure of tight deadlines
• Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process
• Strong ability to manage time
• Willingness to take direction and criticism
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Communicate effectively with team members and clients
• Possesses the ability to NOT be distracted by various internet related activities (yes, social media time-suck sites and apps)
• Passionate, energetic and self-motivated
• Team player with strong customer service skills
• BA in design (or just a really kick-ass creative mind) and at least 5+ years experience with a design studio or agency
• Must know Adobe Suite apps, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Acrobat
• Good understanding of current web design best practices (light coding skills always a plus)
• Solid knowledge of printing and production processes with the ability to produce tight mechanical files
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and link to portfolio or PDF samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
We look forward to meeting you!