Reporting to and partnering closely with the Creative Director & CEO, the Art Director at YOUNK is responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining the cohesion and integrity of the Company's unique visual representations, while simultaneously developing and discovering new channels in which to expand the Company's visual or artistic presence.
• Conceptualize and design campaigns across various mediums; deeply understand each individual channel and execute content accordingly.
• Propose innovative, creative design solutions that elevate the YOUNK brand; ensuring all visual assets are consistent, compelling, and reflect creative direction of the brand.
• Create an efficient process to ensure that all deadlines are met (in coordination with other department calendars, timelines, and deadlines).
• Partner with the Marketing team to guide the artistic direction of all content.
• Establish creative/branding best practices to share with all relevant internal departments.
• Participate in photoshoots to ensure product presentation is in line with Company goals. Assist with image editing.
• Partner with Press/Communications team to translate Company's visual identity into written and verbal forms, helping to direct the voice of the brand.
• Liaise with 3rd party agencies on strategy of marketing and advertising efforts as they pertain to brand voice and aesthetic.
The Ideal Candidate
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Photography, Marketing, or relevant field preferred.
• 6-10 years progressively responsible experience working in entertainment industry; minimum 3 years' experience working as an Art Director or creative department leader.
• Work experience in various disciplines as they pertain to Art Director’s role - including but not limited to web design, visual merchandising, digital media, design, illustration, social media, etc.
• Experience managing/mentoring creative direct reports.
Qualified applicants should include a portfolio that demonstrates ability to direct artistic vision along with their submission for the Art Director role.
6-8+ years as a professional graphic designer
Strong portfolio across digital, UX knowledge is a plus
Able to create amazing, award–winning design work
A high-level conceptual thinker
An excellent communicator and collaborator
Strong knowledge and passion for branding, typography, design and digital trends
Solid experience and understanding in digital design
Experience in social media is a plus
High level of accountability and motivation
Flexible in your ability to take individual initiative and self-manage
Adept at managing multiple projects at once and working with efficiency
Receptiveness to feedback, adaptability and a collaborative work environment
A comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
Strong interpersonal, time and project management, presentation, leadership, and communication skills.
College educated with a BFA or equivalent in a design related profession
Younk is a world's first community-based music label. We're a platform that unites Artists and active Community members on the way to create future Hits.
Our social mission is to give talent around the world an equal chance for success.
Who we are for:
- Artists - upload your tracks for FREE and get community support. When your track gets funding from Younk community, you'll get a professional recording and shooting of a music video with well-known producers!
- Music lovers and fans - discover new tracks daily, support your favorites and become an Executive Producer of a real Hit!
How it works?
Artists upload their tracks, community listens and votes. Then, the most voted tracks go to Hit Funding stage! It's a kind of crowdfunding, but much better! When you support a track, you get an Executive Producer's certificate - you can grant it to someone or sell if you want.
For Artists it's even a better option, cause they get big-league experts help in sound producing and music video production! And even more, Artists get track promotion and receive royalties with Younk!
Community gets an opportunity to discover and support the next Beyonce or Imagine Dragons! We've got plenty of high-quality new music for everyday listening. Just go ahead and listen to tracks, vote for your favorites and support them on Hit Funding. You can add funds to your account from the bank card and earn YNK Bucks, using our Bounty Program.