The Graphic Designer for Enrollment Management (EM) Marketing creates new and original on-trend designs that reflect the UM brand for Undergraduate Admission and other student-serving areas within EM. Mediums include print publications, display graphics, social media and web graphics, presentations, and video. The Graphic Designer manage the overall print production process, from development of design concepts to execution.
Applicants must submit a graphic design portfolio.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
• Design marketing materials that convey the University’s spirit and brand.
• Materials including publications, brochures, postcards, flyers, banners, and graphics for email, web, social media, and presentations.
• Assist with paper selection, design, photography selection, and copy review for Divisional marketing materials.
• Thinks creatively and develops new design concepts, graphics, and layouts. Edits final designs for comments and obtains final approval.
• Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
• Assists with maintaining the inventory of print publications.
• Serve as the primary liaison to commercial print vendors, soliciting quotes and preparing print-ready files.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
Certification and Licensing:
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Illustrator and AfterEffects preferred.
• Thorough understanding of design principles, typography, and print production process.
• Able to successfully work on multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail.
• Open to collaboration and incorporating feedback.
• Ability to work within strict deadlines and quick turnarounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100007144