Job Title: Mobile App UI/UX Creative Designer
Reporting to: Development Manager
Starting salary: DOE
• Quick career development opportunities
• Great perks package
• Put your name to the next big IoT products in the UK & USA
• Work with a talented and friendly team
• Lovely new office in London Bridge
• Genuine opportunity for a talented individual
If you are a talented and innovative mobile app designer and UI/UX Developer looking for a role in a rapidly expanding technology company, we can offer you the challenge you are looking for. The UI/UX designer will take responsibility for all mobile app design and development under the management of the Development Manager.
As an experienced Mobile App UI/UX Creative Designer you’ll be planning and designing the user experience and interfaces of the Smarter iOS and Android apps.
Smarter is an award winning British connected home company with a product range that connects existing appliances to the internet, allowing you to control them from your phone. At Smarter we design, manufacturer and distribute our products throughout Europe and the US with customers such as Currys, John Lewis and Best Buy. We are a passionate team of 25 people based in London with plans to expand the business globally. Growing at a rate of 300% we are set to become one of the fastest growing UK technology companies.
Main roles and responsibilities
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project managers and engineers.
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how apps function and look like.
• Design, management and maintenance of the Smarter iOS and Android applications.
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Work alongside in-house iOS, Android and web developers.
• Responsible for managing the entire user flow and experience of the mobile apps from concept to creation including:
– User research
– Feature planning
– User flow creation
– Wire framing and mapping
– Design and branding
– Content and asset design
– User testing
• Designing and creating UI and assets for multiple device support and asset sizes.
• Creating and designing to the Smarter brand guidelines and vision.
The following skills/experiences are considered a must in-order to be considered for employment:
• 3-5 years mobile app design (iOS and Android) experience is essential
• Experience in web design and management
• Portfolio with 3+ recent examples of native Android and iOS apps using Material Design.
• Production expertise and visual design skills
• Comfortable working through all phases of design: Discovery, Concepts, Wire framing, Design implementation, Prototyping, User Testing, Final Specification.
• Must be proficient in Sketch.
• Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and the Adobe creative suite.
• Takes initiative and is passionate about doing great design
• Enjoys working in a fast paced and collaborative environment
• Able to handle complexity, thinking through the implications and impact of each design change on the product as a whole
Please ensure all applications include a covering letter & portfolio.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Must be able to work in the UK without sponsorship
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent