We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It iks our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we have created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we have raised over $300 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson Venture. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
We believe that design is a critical enabler of this mission. This is a unique opportunity where you will lead the definition and the design of the core Helix user experience across the entire user journey. Come join our team to design meaningful products that every.single.person in the world can benefit from!
As a Principal Product Designer, you will:
* Design for the entire Helix consumer experience and its lifecycle
* Deliver throughout the entire design process (research through pixels).
* Contribute to design research programs (qualitative research) with the purpose of generating insights into consumers and testing assumptions
* Turn value propositions into prototypes and iterate rapidly
* Multi-task and work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Translate user needs, business goals, and science and technology constraints into great digital product experiences.
* Work closely with product managers, engineers, and scientists on defining and influencing requirements and constraints.
* Iterate quickly based on design reviews, usability testing, and customer feedback.
* Contribute to the culture of design at Helix.
The ideal candidate will have:
* 9+ years of in-house product design experience where you’ve shipped and maintained great consumer products.
* Experience in top product design firms is strongly valued.
* Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Experience working with executive level individuals and teams.
* A highly collaborative attitude and work style.
* BA or BS degree; advanced degree optional
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
* Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
* Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
* 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
* 401(k) with employer matching
* On-premise nursing room
* Corporate fitness rate
* Commuter benefits
* Catered meals
* Flexible PTO