Here at Adobe Design, we are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer that aspires to research, conceptualize, and design new and engaging 1.0 Experience Cloud Products. Successful designers will thrive in a work environment where problem solving is their passion. Independent self-direction while collaborating openly with cross-functional team members and coupled with a friendly, positive, optimistic personality will unlock your success. We are a diverse and dynamic collection of UX, research, visual, and product design experts and are thrive on supporting each other in a mutually encouraging design team.
We’re looking for someone who thinks in systems and enjoys solving design problems at scale. This is an opportunity to help us craft key strategic products in a burgeoning space within a rapidly growing area of an established company. You'll be joining a strong and focused team of product designers but you’ll also be part of a larger design organization that focuses on centralized design efforts like design language, designer tooling, brand + icons, content strategy, and more.
What you’ll do
- Support design team’s charter of crafting the future of consumer interaction and experience management software.
- Mentor designers on the Marketing Cloud product design team as well as the broader XD team in both core design skills as well as industry specific concepts.
- Create sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and written specs to communicate design concepts to engineering.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering managers to deliver effective design solutions that meet current requirements and can scale for future releases.
- Set design direction and prioritize design efforts against the product roadmap and experience design vision.
- Engage with customers to validate design solutions and conduct quick rounds of usability testing, incorporating results into your design process
- Review product builds and provide feedback to engineering throughout the product cycle.
Keys to your success include
- Four or more years UX experience for software, and web applications which bring to bear emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Extraordinary design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Ability to craft wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Strong working knowledge of design tools.
- Strong written & oral communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of common software project management and development practices.
- Accept and incorporate feedback from organizational leaders, design leaders and customers in a rapid iterative design process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design, HCI, or related design field
- Some travel is required.
- Completion of a hypothetical design exercise to assess problem solving and execution (note: this is not speculative design work, it is a design assessment not associated to Adobe's business plan)
- Knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, and Marketing Technology is a plus.
To be considered for this role you must submit a resume and online portfolio with examples of process and evolution of work.
Adobe Design is Adobe’s in-house design team that works directly with executives, product managers and engineering to bring great products to life. We are co-located and work together to make the best products possible. This position is in San Francisco, California.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.