Mountain View, CA, USA
Evangelize and Lead design thinking within Automotive Research team.
You will drive concept creation and design execution for applications and services in the automotive space.
You will work with fellow designers to conceive, develop, and deliver new software and service solutions.
You will be responsible for the full end-to-end design process working in the rapidly evolving automotive space.
You will handle all aspects of visual design, from defining the visual style and rules for user interfaces, to creating graphics and visuals for communication.
• Take point and have branding experience (Visual side), along with some Art Director experience.
• Know how to translate branding into style guide. Know what colors do they use. Define that for a car as well as mobile/phone experience.
• Able to direct other designers, manage other designer’s time, do hands on design work, and look for more design resources.
• Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers to define the next generation connected car user experience.
• Conceive cutting-edge designs, from concept to execution, across multiple platforms and formats.
• Create visually appealing and usable user interfaces for applications across vehicle, mobile, and web platforms.
• Seek input, requirements, and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions, and present these back to the team and organization.
• Think strategically to define and champion solutions that improve products and process across the team and company.
• Build close relationships with program managers, engineers, business partners, and senior management to maintain strong project and team alignment.
Must Have Skillsets:
• 5+ years of experience in Visual, Graphic, or UX Design
• Leadership or management experience preferred
• Deep understanding of user-centered design principles and practices
• Demonstrated success in creating innovative design solutions
• Must be able to communicate design ideas to the internal development and product teams, as well as senior stakeholders
• Need to have experience bringing the application to market.
• Mobile development experience with Android and iOS
• Vehicle design experience is NOT as important, but nice to have.
Location: Mountain View, CA or San Francisco, CA
Type: Fulltime or Contract.