The Graphic Designer role executes work across a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate should be comfortable taking ownership of the full breadth of a design project with guidance and support from others who are part of the larger creative and production team. The wide range of responsibilities would include; participating in initial brainstorming sessions, concepting creative ideas and cohesive visual identities for execution, adapting to and designing within the scope of client brands, having knowledge of designing in print and digital, creating cohesive visual narratives as a platform of communication, laying out simple graphic treatments, prepping files for print, and overseeing installations of all design components at the load-in. Eagerness to learn new things, attention to detail, and a willingness to get your hands dirty is a must. It is imperative that this designer is strong communicator and collaborator and is confident with their work being viewed by potentially millions of people. They must have basic material/ fabrication knowledge and be able to work creatively and effectively within a budget. Projects may include event signage (consumer activations, product launches, press conferences, concerts, gala dinners, cocktail parties, corporate conferences and more), package design and digital collateral (invitations, web banners, gif files and more).
Managing work: Understanding and supporting the departmental vision, purpose, and strategies; Managing work to achieve results within budget and on time; Continuously looking for ways to simplify and improve work processes to achieve better results; Developing plans for accomplishing objectives and monitoring status; Focusing majority of energy and resources on projects and tasks that add value; Anticipating problems and taking action to prevent them or minimize their impact; Taking responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
Maximizing resources: Working collaboratively with people in the department and in other parts of the organization as well as supporting others when requested; Making good use of internal resources including systems, equipment, supplies, analytical tools, etc.; Involving others in identifying problems, opportunities, and developing solutions; Learning and adapting: Keeping up-to-date on knowledge specific to the event/production industry; Evaluating experiences and learning from them; Communicating insights so others can benefit; Finding a way to get the job done even when normal channels, materials, and methods don’t work; Demonstrating a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. Seeking and accepting feedback for self-improvement without becoming defensive.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Executes design, layout, and print production and specifies printing requirements, prepare printer-ready files, and checks proofs.
-Design and produce eye-catching and professional proposal decks using InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Design and understand floor plans and ground plans.
- Source compelling and appropriate images for proposals.
- Participate in developing and maintaining the brand of both the client and the company, as a whole.
- Create complex digital files, in scale, for assigned events from concept to completion.
- Ensure that designs meet corporate as well as client expectations, are within budget and are delivered on time.
- Communicate project status, timeline and delivery of information to both clients as well as internal teams in a prompt and clear manner.
- Be an active participant in brainstorming sessions, planning, design and department meetings.
- Attend event installations and review effectiveness of design elements.
- Maintain well-organized and accessible paperwork, renderings and digital design files.
- Stay current in design trends, new software and technologies, production techniques, props/design elements, vendor products
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years in relevant graphic or event design role.
- 1+ years of experience in production of live events (can be concurrent with above).
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are musts), Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint), Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Professional deportment and ability to interact with senior client-side executives.
- Keen awareness of design trends
- Work varied shifts, including occasional weekends and holidays.