Director of User Experience Design to join its Customer Experience organization to play a key leadership role in shaping the digital and physical user experience design for Iconic US Retail stores.
Responsible for setting strategic design vision for key initiatives across business units, and will manage of team of UX designers to realize strategic vision.
Will apply their strong understanding of sales associate and customer needs with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion design solutions
• Lead and manage user digital and physical user (sales associate and customer) experience design vision of stores that meets long term business goals and user needs.
• Partners with product management and technology, and develops UX design vision for store that aligns to overall strategic vision.
• Evangelizes UX design vision and the importance of UX design across the company, and acts as spokesperson and representative to senior management and outside departments, advocating for UXD involvement across all customer touch points.
• Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design across the company (including your assigned channel, the CX organization, and other organizations)
• Lead and manage a team of UX Designers responsible for digital and physical user experience in stores.
• Hire and retain top talent. Responsible for performance management of team members.
Must Have Skillsets:
• Minimum 10 years UX/UI design experience across physical and digital user experience, ideally retail stores, with at least 5 years managing a design team.
• Ideal experience includes offline and online channels that include digital and physical UX design.
• Strong thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
• Deep knowledge designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
• Expert project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development; ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and tasks to staff managers and designers.
• Excellent people management skills, including the ability to attract and retain world class talent, as well as the ability to align resources to business needs while supporting the career development of staff members.
• Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate relationship with key business stakeholders in the organization
• BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Master’s degree preferred.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: 6 + months or Fulltime (relocation assistance available)
Submit resumes to: jobs (at) osiengineering.com