Food52 is an award-winning brand fusing the best in food and home content with a curated selection of cookware and home goods. Our innovative approach supports the complete cooking and home experience—from recipe inspiration to design stories to the best candlesticks for your table.
Our fast-growing business is rapidly approaching 10 years as a celebrated brand and trusted resource. To sustain that growth we are growing our product design team to help us build the future of commerce and lifestyle content.
Our UX Designer will be instrumental in helping to shape the commerce and content experiences at Food52. Reporting to the Design Director, you will execute innovative, data-driven UX designs that help push our digital presence forward by creating world-class user experiences across every facet of the site. You are a strategic, original thinker with a passion for keeping up with the latest interaction trends, but you also understand the hallmarks of a solid UX foundation centered around best practices and prioritizing usability above all else. Working closely with the product and engineering functions, you’ll help evangelize an empathy-driven, user-first mentality across the company that both elevates our level of product design and also works to achieve our larger company goals. You’ll be a critical part of bringing our content, shop, and brand vision to life by creating meaningful experiences for our users across multiple platforms and channels.
* Work closely with the Design Director to help lead the UX process from concept to completion for all major user-facing products launched for the brand.
* Coordinate and execute key points in the design research phase including facilitating user surveys and interviews, working with the data team to utilize analytics, and conducting thorough competitive audits to help inform initial UX concepts and directions.
* Create thoughtful sketches, comprehensive wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to present to key stakeholders throughout the product development process.
* Utilize usability testing to help inform and iterate on user flows and interactions.
* Take ownership over establishing and maintaining a consistent, coherent user experience over all of our product offerings.
* Collaborate with fellow designers, engineers, and product managers to encourage continuous dialogue, ensure seamless handoffs, and work as a team to launch the best products possible.
* 3-5 years of experience specializing in UX design, ideally at an e-commerce, technology, media, or lifestyle company.
* An exceptional portfolio showing smart, thoughtful design work through wireframes, sketches, and user flows.
* Experience working with user research and usability testing, and using learnings to influence strategic, data-informed UX designs.
* Comfortable with the tenets of good visual design, with a solid sense of typography, color theory, and grid systems.
* Expertise with standard design tools such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
* Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision, Principle (or others) is a plus.
Competitive salary & bonus package
Individual & family health and dental plans
Generous time off policy with Summer & Winter Week closings, and no tracking of sick or vacation days
Comfortable, inspiring office space
So many (and such good) office snacks
An always-laden giveaway table featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, baked goods, and flowers
Food52 endeavors to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans. We welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.