Nanotronics is looking for a skilled and dedicated User Experience (UX) Designer in the excitement of our growing company. This position designs software and platforms that meet our customer's needs as well as combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. In addition, the User Experience Designer will also be responsible for conducting user tests to observe behavior both in-person and by using UX toolsets and metrics. Ultimately, the holder of this position will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
Our software team is making nanoimaging fast, accurate and cost-efficient by combining optical and atomic force microscopy with machine learning and artificial intelligence. The solutions we build push the envelope of what can be done, so we need engineers who are highly intelligent, hardworking and creative. A deep understanding of computer science, and experience with C++ will be important for success.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Measure the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design.
- Use online tools, such as screen readers to determine effectiveness of media.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Create and implement interaction models, user flows, and user interface specifications.
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team.
- Develop and maintain design wireframes and specifications of best practices to share with the design team as new projects begin.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Design, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Background in project management and research.
- Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals.
- An artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment.
- Excellent mathematical, problem-solving, organizational, time and project management skills.
Nice to Haves (Not Required)
- Ability to grasp high order concepts in physics, microscopy, hardware design, automation, and robotics.
- Extensive graphic design abilities.
- Experience working with an agile team.
- Experience using databases and SQL.
- Strong work ethic
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with a team
What is a Nanotron?
Nanotronics is a cutting-edge microscopy, computer vision, machine and deep learning software company that delivers inspection and analysis solutions. Applications of our systems span sectors from semiconductors, power devices, microprocessors, MEMs, material science, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, automotive and more. We are not simply a technology company but a science and technology company. We bring the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering together in our offices in New York, Ohio, and California to solve problems never solved before and to take those solutions to the market.
We are a close-knit team that has fun and are driven by the exciting challenge of developing the most technologically advanced nanoimaging solutions that bring the nanoscale world within reach. Armed with visionary leadership, an outstanding team, and strong financial backing, we are shooting for beyond the limits of light.
YOU’LL MAKE A GREAT NANOTRON IF
- You are highly intelligent
- You are passionate about science & engineering
- You are looking for a challenge
- You are nice and collaborate well with others
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible hours
- Excellent employee benefits
- Weekly lunch & learns
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to c-level management
- Interesting & challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer.