This Visual Designer will focus on leading the visual brand direction and marketing design for new and existing sub brands and product features across Groupon’s marketing and merchandising businesses. A key aspect of this role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between serving the brand, business goals, and customer needs. Visual Designers are expected to innovate and to provide creative ideas for digital merchandising, marketing, and new brand initiatives that align to cross-functional business goals. The Visual Designer will report to the Art Director.
• Lead the direction and design for new and existing sub brands and product features.
• Concept new sub brands, including look/feel, photography, and color applications.
• Develop design guidelines for select sub brands and product features.
• Brainstorm clear ideas, concepts, and designs to support marketing of sub brands and product features.
• Collaborate and concept with in-house photography studio.
• Work across multiple disciplines including: email, digital, print, and UX.
• Take an idea from inception through production.
• Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
• Participate in presentations to internal clients and key stakeholders.
• Translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, marketing managers, and merchandising leads, to ensure consistent, simple integrated brand perception and UX.
• Stay aware and engaged with the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4+ years professional design experience
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
• Familiarity with Sketch is preferred
• Basic knowledge of interactive design is a major plus.
• Excellent layout, color, photography selection, and typography skills
• Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and verbal
• Ability to handle multiple projects and a versatile workload, re-prioritizing when needed, communicating progress along the way, and delivering deadlines
• Ability to organize information, prioritize tasks, pay attention to details, and follow procedures
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently within team environments
• Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions
• Holds a commitment to high quality work and to fostering positive and productive relationships with all clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
• Experience within advertising or within an agency is a plus.
*When applying, you must include a resume and a strong portfolio website or PDF of work that demonstrates experience in brand development and art direction. If we set up an interview, you’ll present three relevant projects, at a minimum. You’ll provide insight into your design process, and include materials you feel most passionately about. We want to meet the whole person, not just your professional work.