We're AHAlife, a Brooklyn-based start-up and e-commerce lifestyle marketplace that offers locally and globally sourced, high quality and unique products. We run two brands - AHAlife.com and Kaufmann-mercantile.com. Both websites sell a wide range of unique and artisan made items. Our best selling categories our home, beauty, jewelry & accessories.
We’re on the lookout for an Sr. Graphic and UX/UI Designer with a blend of creative thinking and hands-on execution skills.
Leading one other graphic designer and being accountable for both brands, AHAlife and Kaufmann Mercantile, this person will play a pivotal role in the definition of the branding of our two properties. We're currently in the stage of refining our two brands so there is a lot of interesting ground work that needs to be done.
This is a full-time position based in our Dumbo, Brooklyn office.
You will be working closely with the team's other creatives - editors, marketing team, merchandisers, freelance photographers to create awesome designs for marketing, online advertising and brand communication. At the same time, you’ll be working with our product manager to create state of the art web design.
AS Sr. GRAPHIC AND UX/UI DESIGNER, YOU WILL...
• Define and develop the AHAlife and Kaufmann Mercantile brands
• Develop on-brand creative that drives both brand awareness and sales
• Work with the product manager to produce UX/UI designs for our websites
• Concept (together with team), design and deliver marketing campaigns
• Be involved photo shoots and image selection/editing process
• Be involved with company video strategy
• Depending our your interests and skills, this role can take many of the responsibilities and thrills of being an art director.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS…
• A creative and big thinker who also attends to the most minuscule details
• A team player through and through
• Updated on cultural, design, fashion, editorial and retail trends
• Innovative and willing to take risks
• Excited by AHAlife / Kaufmann Mercantile, and dying to make it better and tell its story
YOU SHOULD HAVE…
• 4+ years of design industry experience, preferably with some formal art training
• A portfolio of exceptional self-created design work
• A solid understanding in UX/UI, and agile methodology
• High proficiency in Adobe Suite/standard industry software
• Aptitude for developing beautiful mood boards and mock-ups
• Expertise in ideation, swipe resources, color selection, and typography
If you have 4+ years experience in a similar role, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you and see your work!