With investments in household names such as Lyft, Ford Models and Factual, Altpoint Ventures is a venture capital firm and start-up incubator with offices in Greenwich, NYC and LA. The firm invests across stages and sectors of start-ups with emphasis on empowering the highest-potential entrepreneurs who are committed to building the future.
We’re looking for a Senior UI Designer to join Aces, a new, well-funded portfolio company in NYC. Aces is a contextual social messaging platform enabling users to share content via a seamless, engaging experience. Users can send, archive, sort, manage, and react to multimedia messages instantly while also discovering social and cultural trends across their networks. Leveraging data and machine learning, Aces redefines the concept of relevance in social media.
As a Senior UI Designer you will have years of experience creating beautiful consumer-oriented UIs for iOS apps. You’ve mastered iconography, space, color and type and are highly adaptable and ready to take on new and interesting challenges. You are creative and confident in bringing products from conception to completion and enjoy working both independently and with a team. To you, data and testing alongside beautiful design are essential in creating the best possible user experience. You'll become an early and foundational member of a young, but high-impact, product design team whose shared goal is to design, build, evaluate and iterate its way to create an elegant and fun new product. If this sounds like something you're interested in, read below to find out more!
- Produce high-quality interfaces, interactions, and prototypes with excellent attention to detail, quickly and effectively
- Take on new feature design, branding and product ideas from early concepts to final implementation
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user interface while balancing company goals, design cohesion, user experience, and ease of implementation
- Seek out, understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
- Partner with other designers PMs and engineers on the Aces team
- Mastery of iOS design patterns
- BA/BS in fine arts or graphic design
- Solid foundational understanding of design systems
- 3+ years experience on design of consumer-friendly mobile experiences
- A great portfolio that showcases innovative and deep visual interaction design skills
- Communication skills to clearly articulate your ideas