SocioFabrica is an award-winning creative digital agency specializing in web design, integrated marketing and branding. As an independently owned agency, we do it all – from strategy and concept, to production – in-house at our San Francisco headquarters. We partner with our clients to scale their vision through design and usability. We are passionate about what we do, and aim for work to feel like play. For more information visit sociofabrica.com and follow @sociofabrica on Facebook and Twitter.
We are searching for a motivated and multifaceted designer who enjoys working in a collaborative environment to create delightful user experiences. You will work with the design team in crafting designs and layouts for websites, email, digital campaigns and occasionally branding. The designer will be responsible for bringing ideas to life by comping on-brand designs with minimal oversight and improving on the actual experience by taking a user-centric approach. The ideal candidate designs from concept to execution and when necessary production, and can also grasp direction quickly and iterate. This position is for a part time (24hrs per week) 4-6 month contract starting on November 2017 to full-time, if right fit, and is based in San Francisco. Only local candidates will be considered.
Among your responsibilities:
• Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web, email & mobile platforms
• Be capable of generating production quality, high-definition files and assets
• Capable of receiving guidance and finalizing projects started by others while also being able to carry projects from conception to fruition/implementation
• Additionally, you will aid in and, when required, take a leadership role on incremental work for some of our staples accounts
• Conduct design-related research for projects and condense your key findings on action-oriented presentations, including images, relevant links and resources
• Create style guides for clients' products and services that other designers can utilize and follow
• Be accountable for tracking your hours and performed tasks for every project you work on
• A BFA in design
• 3 years of relevant digital/visual design experience
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Strong image retouching and comping skills
• Excellent layout and typographic skills
• Strong portfolio and work samples
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design practices
• Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
• Self-starter, detail-oriented, dependable and able to work within tight deadlines
• Have a "can do" attitude and be interested in doing whatever it takes to get the job done right which may involve long hours from time to time
If you think you’re a good fit, please send your url (or online portfolio) and resume to: email@example.com.