GRAPHIC DESIGNER / ILLUSTRATOR
Design Studio in Torrance, California seeks full-time Graphic Designer with Illustration skills to contribute to our team. Our firm specializes in the design and manufacture of quality house-wares and tabletop goods for well-known clients worldwide.
The ideal candidate embraces challenge and growth, and thrives in a team environment.
- 4-year degree in graphic design or related field
- 1 – 3 years work experience as a graphic designer or related position
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Skills in surface design and pattern design, as well as drawing, sketching and illustration.
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of aesthetics and styles, and visualize in 3 dimensions.
- Understanding of design elements, color, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
- Must understand and be able to comply with brand identity & guidelines
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly, in a fast-paced work environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to self-manage time and output
- Must be dependable, positive, and open-minded, and be able to clearly communicate both verbally and visually
- Ability to travel overseas if required
- Must have legal status to work in the U.S.
- Create original artwork as well as surface designs and concepts for products and packaging
- Illustrate seasonal assets and patterns for use in product designs and presentations
- Conduct research and create trend guides to support projects and concepts
- Develop designs from concept to final “shelf-ready” stage, either as an individual designer or as a team
- Brainstorm with creative team and create product designs inspired by style guides and mood boards
- Perform project updates, revisions, and maintenance as required
- Communicate with factories to ensure efficient and accurate production of products and packaging
- Review factory samples and recommend revisions when necessary
- Competitive benefits, including: medical and dental, paid company holidays, paid vacations, and 401K plan available
- Compensation is commensurate with experience level
Please submit resume and cover letter along with samples of your work or link to your portfolio.If attaching files in PDF or JPEG format, please keep under 5mb total size. You will not be considered without the aforemetioned.
Local candidates only.