The Finance & Accounting unit of the Corporate Information Technology (CIT) department of IFC is seeking a UXM Developer with strong business analytical and technical skills to work with internal clients to successfully develop and build business solutions working along with a geographically distributed development team.
Duties and Accountabilities:
As an Applications Developer, the UXM Developer will take ownership of developing the applications with the latest technologies. He/she will use his/her expertise in engineering, architecture and design to create necessary front-end templates, libraries, components and prototypes to support the implementation of the user interface. In this hands-on role, he/she will work closely with product owners, engineering and executive teams to drive applications development from inception to completion. UXM Developer is expected to work in a collaborative team using agile software development methodology. The applications would be deployed across several customer bases in existing deployments. The candidate must be an independent contributor IT professional, with expertise in a variety of tools, providing value to the business through effective process analysis and requirements development and documentation. The candidate is expected to:
- Have experience working as UI Developer, UI/UX, User Interface Developer, Front End Developer
- Execute UI / UX design as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborate on user experience planning with the project and technology teams to develop product vision
- Prepare low fidelity prototypes of applications and features (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes and interactive prototypes), for internal review and brain storming
- Present high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the project, technology and senior management teams for review/iteration/approval
- Reinforce consistent design patterns across platforms
- Conduct consistent usability testing to validate designs
- Research the latest UI / UX and interaction concepts, presentation layer technologies, digital best practices, online trends, etc. and provide recommendations
- Create production ready UI / UX interfaces
- Operate in an iterative and agile manner
- Must be able to explain and document design philosophy verbally and in writing
- Lead design innovation
- Have experience developing user interfaces for web applications for transaction systems every day
- Find ways to make apps easy to use, fun and natural, so users intuitively know how the appworks
- Build applications and back-end frameworks that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Participate in the project discussions and improve our projects delivery
- Demonstrate experience working with large amounts of XML or JSON data
- Demonstrate Experience with Python, Ruby, Perl and/or shell scripting
- Demonstrate experience with the Go programming language
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Finance is required. MBA, MS Finance or Masters in IT is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting structured interviewing and in eliciting key information to capture business requirements for IT systems and at least 2 years of relevant experience in providing IT-enabled solutions for back office accounting solutions.
- Strong understanding of Accounting Systems, with deep knowledge of the at least one of the following areas:
- Lending operations
Accounting for Loans and equity products
- Web and mobile optimized web development and responsive web design
- Portfolio of awesome web and mobile UI available for perusal demonstrating solid experience in designing and delivering interactive products
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as D3.js, Highcharts, sigmajs or graphviz
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Mac OS X familiarity
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Ability to structure and prioritize requirements to allow iterative implementation
- Highest ethical standards, personal integrity, effectiveness and demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a keen sense of priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills in operating collaboratively across organizational boundaries. Coordinate and develop partnerships with colleagues and clients
- Experience in collaborating with a team consisting of contractors from multiple vendor partners
- Experience in working with the onsite-offshore model
For Corporate Information and to apply to the position, please visit www.ifc.org/careers, vacancy number 171615. Deadline is October 10, 2017.
IFC values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of IFC member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.