Are you a curious UI & digital designer with a sharp eye and adaptable approach who wants to help our online experiences shine bright?
IN A NUTSHELL
At Bellroy, we pour our heart, soul and many design hours into helping people move with greater simplicity and ease. Our online assets play a huge part in making that happen all around the world, and we’re looking for a UI designer to make our customer experiences as beautiful and delightful to navigate as possible.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll work collaboratively within our digital team to create compelling brand experiences for Bellroy’s digital channels – our website and global digital marketplaces (of which there are currently 4). In an agile environment, you’ll prototype design updates and concept new site features, ensuring they are both aesthetically and functionally sound. You’ll work closely with engineers to discuss feasibility and design implementation. And you’ll partner with our UX/Product Champion to map customer journeys and optimize bellroy.com, applying those same learnings to our TMall, Rakuten and Amazon channels.
If you can bring your sharp design eye and adaptable approach to help our online experiences shine, we’ll offer a world class team to learn from, the tools and resources to help you do your best work, and the support you need to flourish.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE, IF...
You are a smart and curious thinker who can’t resist a challenge. You’re collaborative, creative and optimistic. You appreciate (deeply) the beauty of design, and are fascinated by how it can impact human behavior. Your experience as a designer has shown that you can create high quality visual designs supported by great typography, grids and color theory. You’re excited by working with a smart and energetic team to deliver world class customer experiences.
While communication through layouts and images is your strength, you’re good with words too. You can effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process, and work through feedback and external input without breaking stride. You’re approachable, open-minded and a real team player (which is lucky, because we’re a real team). You’re comfortable with some uncertainty, and enjoy tasks that involve deep exploration. You also enjoy predicting the outcome of your designs and revel in A/B testing to update your knowledge.
You think mobile first, and understand just how different devices play a part in our digital experiences. Your basic understanding of UX best practices and principles helps you pull it all together, for a seamless design experience no matter how (or where in the world) it is viewed.
We’re a global business, and we love making Bellroy accessible to folks in all corners of the globe, in a way that resonates with them. So it helps that you’re super curious about cultural differences and like to observe what works best in certain global markets from China to the USA, Australia to Japan.
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK, YOU MIGHT HAVE...
- Collaborated with the Creative Team to brainstorm and plan an upcoming campaign.
- Adapted newly released content from bellroy.com onto our Japanese marketplace, Rakuten.
- Designed a set of A/B tests to inform a potential site update we’re looking to roll out as part of an upcoming product release.
- Developed a set of web design guidelines to ensure our digital channels remain cohesive across the globe.
- Worked with our Marketplaces Team to find better ways to communicate the richness of our brand story on a platform like Amazon where customisation is limited.
- Created a warm and engaging post purchase email sequence with our Storyteller.
- Shared some interaction ideas with our Front End Developer for an updated checkout design or mobile transition.
- Worked with our Data Team to gain valuable insights around the performance of a recent site update.
- Gained new insights from taking part in a feedback session with our Customer Experience team.
THERE ARE SOME SKILLS YOU MUST POSSESS...
- Keen eye for detail and impeccable taste.
- Deep knowledge of UI best practices and design principles.
- Great communication skills and ability to collaborate well within a team.
- Interest in how your designs perform, from A/B testing to site analytics.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite, InVision and Sketch.
- Basic understanding of project management software (we use Asana, but experience with it specifically isn’t necessary).
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is full-time and based in our Fitzroy office.
Have a good look around our website, read Our Story page and get a feel for who we are. If you think you’d be a good fit, visit this link: http://grnh.se/l7tkx21 or check out the careers page on www.bellroy.com and provide us with your cover letter, resume and answers to the questions below:
1. Choose three e-commerce brands whose online presence you admire and explain why you like them and what you think contributes to their success.
2. Have a look around Bellroy.com and tell us what you think are the top two things that we should improve and why? If you were going to pitch these changes to us, how would you go about confirming that these changes should be our top two priorities?
3. The digital space is beautifully complex and forever-changing. What does the future of UI design look like to you? Are there any emerging trends you’re seeing and are excited about?
START DATE: We’re ready when you are!