At Alice (www.HelloAlice.com), we're working to connect all entrepreneurs, regardless of geography, capitalization, prior experience or cultural constraints, to the resources they need to grow and scale their businesses. Our team is growing rapidly, and we're looking for a full-time graphic designer and UX/UI expert to work alongside our team (we office at Pivotal Labs in San Francisco), to lead and iterate an interactive map of the startup ecosystem. You'll lead our future iterations and processes of experimentation and adaptation as we support entrepreneurs from all over the planet. We're fast paced, fired up about the potential of undiscovered startups, and have strong partners like Dell, Pivotal, Johnson & Johnson, the United Nations Foundation and more to help us lead our charge.
Alice is looking to expand our technical team to build a global platform that transforms how the world's entrepreneurs access growth resources. We're looking for someone who believes in our mission to democratize access to the startup ecosystem, who believes innovation is the key to solving our world's greatest problems, and who will work to stand behind a best in class product.
You judge your success by the success of your team; you are interested in learning and developing your own skill set with opportunities like working alongside designers at Pivotal Labs or challenging frontiers in artificial intelligence.
This position is located in San Francisco, in the Pivotal Labs SOMA office near 4th and Howard St.
Take advantage of the many resources available through our digs, beginning your day with a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks/drinks available all day. The collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented, like-minded designers who enjoy taking advantage of weekly Tech Talks, playing ping pong, and hanging out with other innovative minds.
Apply by sending a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Why we love what we do (and so could you)
• Seriously collaborative
• Opportunity to work on mix of digital, print, and experiential designs
• Build a brand from the ground up, with a company who believes that a strong brand is key to our success
• Daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers
• Freedom to try out new design processes; in the spirit of agile, do what works, try new things, stop doing things that don't work; not a lot of constraints on the 'creative' process
• You are always shipping!
• Design pairing
• Environment that encourages learning and growing as a professional and individual and infrastructure to support and motivate those goals
• Community oriented design team
We get that designers have different skillsets: you’re not expected to be an expert in everything but having access to someone who probably is means we all get smarter by teaching and learning.
• Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
• Work as a collaborative team member
• Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
• Help product managers assess and prioritize feature opportunities and constraints
• Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
• Determine best practice approaches
• Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
• Produce materials for developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets
You will love Team Alice if you are:
• Open-minded, creative, and self-critical
• Collaborative and communicative
• Thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology
• Committed to changing the world through innovation and entrepreneurship
• Experienced with and curious about agile and lean philosophies
• Experienced in working independently and/or in small teams
• Experienced in designing full-service consumer applications
• Show command of modern front-end technologies and frameworks (HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design)
Interested in joining our team? Reply on Behance or send a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking to hire immediately!