We are looking for a creative with 1-3 years experience that not only wants to join our efforts in developing and telling visual stories, but believes that we can make a difference in this world with the way we create and interact with our clients. As a Designer at Rule29, you would be a key storyteller in shaping and communicating the visual identity that our clients hire us to both craft and tell. You will be an integral member of the Rule29 team – able and willing to both work collaboratively with our team and exhibit leadership and responsibility for individual projects, whether for a client or the Rule29 brand itself. You will be solving problems on a daily basis across a variety of platforms including print, web, environmental, advertising, film and community engagement programs.
• BS/BA/BFA in graphic design, or BA/BS degree in another major plus equivalent design experience
Develop strategic creative concepts and execute creative direction on a wide range of projects. Have key account responsibility and lead custom initiatives for Rule29. We are seeking an inspired print/web/motion designer that can collaborate, concept, learn, lead, and design. We are looking for someone who can execute the project's vision and R29's philosophy for every project. We also are looking for an individual that can write, research and have broad thinking skills.
• Has excellent design, layout and typography skills
• Has strong communications skills
• Business acumen
• Flawless preparation of design concepts for client meetings
• Has strong organization skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and high attention to detail
• Enjoys tacos or cookies. Ideally both
• Ability to communicate the value of our created work
• Is personable, friendly, and down to earth
• Is a collaborative team player
• Experience establishing print specifications; preparing files, reviewing proofs and communicating corrections
• Understands how to prep and prepare files for coding
• Appreciates music (other than country)
• Expert with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Ideally comfortable and knowledgeable with front-end coding and major open source environments (HTML and CSS)
• Knowledge of current web trends as well UI/UX principles
• Experience with After Effects a plus
Salary based on experience and benefits package.
▪ Healthcare benefits
▪ Dental (optional)
▪ 401k Matching
Rule29 is an award-winning and nationally recognized strategic creative firm that specializes in making creative matter®. Our clients include everyone from startups to Fortune 100 companies to those who are committed to making the world a better place. Our office is located in the historic downtown Geneva area in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, close to a plethora of local shops and good eats.
Send resume and work samples to link below or as a link (or PDF under 7 MB, please), salary requirements, and availability to Justin Ahrens: email@example.com
Or send to: Rule29/Justin Ahrens, 501 Hamilton Street, Geneva, IL 60134
Note: Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply. Serious candidates only. (Due to the high volume of blanket responses to job openings, only short-listed candidates will be notified.)
No calls, please.