UI / UX Designer
The Innovation & Research organization is small, agile centrally held innovation team. We work with United Technology Research Center, universities, external research organizations and global business units to identify, develop and demonstrate innovative technology solutions, products, services and intelligent systems through a structured method of innovation. The team also enables organization wide innovation through development and deployment of innovation catalysts that are trained thru a well-defined learning and development and certification process.
The UI/UX designer:
• Manages the virtual prototyping support of the innovator’s method globally; is responsible for tool selection and standard practices to support virtual prototyping, including the coordination of resources and external parties globally.
• Skillfully solves problems, owns projects and pro-actively manages up to a creative director. Extreme attention to detail in all facets of visual design is fundamental to enable the connecting UI/UX technology with product marketing needs.
• Actively engages in the concept, design, and execution phases of innovation projects across an array of interactive media – including but not limited to wire frames, web design, and visual design (inclusive of tablet/mobile applications). Virtual prototypes will drive customer feedback which drive subsequent prototype iterations until a solution design can be finalized. These virtual prototypes will be used to perform lean experimentation and customer immersion.
• Continually innovates and pushes creative boundaries, actively problem solves, has strong communication and facilitation skills, and works independently and collaboratively with team members/external and internal partners.
Farmington, Connecticut, United States
J. A. Crouch Design
Formally created in 2013, I have been operating a design business specializing in presentation and marketing materials for other businesses. Some of my more notable clients include:
• PCC Technical Group - created a simplified search engine specific to legal documents for the state of Tennessee. I also create a number of infographics such as work-flow graphics and executive summaries. More recently PCCTG utilized my skills to update graphics on a proposed website for the state of Nebraska.
• Kodacon - Created work for Cisco, EMC and Juniper. My services were enlisted on multiple jobs including: powerpoint presentations, Interactive PDFs, Ebooks, marketing materials and solution briefs. Many of these projects include a focus on infographics, photography, typography, page layout, corporate identity and working with multiple spreadsheets of data.
• Alvarez & Marsal - Design consultant to move their products in the right direction. They had a multitude of brochures, presentations, infographics and other marketing materials that were developed in concept, but not in design.
• Trinity Risk - Graphic design consultant developing a wide range of marketing materials including fliers, infographics, email marketing campaigns and presentations.
- November 2016
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
The Gilbert School
High School Art Teacher. Classes include:
Introduction to Design- Classes focus on Understanding the Elements of Art and Principles of Design. The Elements or Art and Principles of Design are also key concepts further discussed in all art classes.
Drawing & Painting- Students develop an understanding for use of materials as well as application as it applies to several periods of art history as well as cultural influences.
Graphic Design 1 & 2- A main focus for these classes is to develop a strong sense of planning through brainstorming and researching. Students also build skills such as software skills (Adobe Creative Suite), typography, communication and collaboration.
Web Design- Students learn the basics of HTML and CSS. Students all learn how to plan a website for multiple pages, basic interactivity and incorporating a variety of multimedia.
Digital Photography- Students develop basic camera and Photoshop skills and learn how to control the cameras shutter and aperture to achieve desired focusing and lighting effects. Students also learn the fundamentals of using symbolism to communicate through photography.
Winsted, Connecticut, United States
Intervention Specialist and Court Liaison. Responsible for planning and facilitating individual and group training sessions with integrity and fidelity towards Treating Addictive Disorders and Reasoning and Rehabilitation curriculum. Provide Case Management and client assessments. Monitor and document achievement of goals identified in client’s Individual Service Plan. Client’s risk level, criminogenic needs, treatment goals, interventions, urinalysis results and any other pertinent information is reported to the court system.
- November 2008
New Britain, Connecticut, United States
Senior Case Manager
Senior Case Manager for intensive, highly structured outpatient adolescent treatment program. Responsibilities include: Case Management of up to 40 youth at risk, supervising and maintaining hire for four case managers, utilizing Microsoft office to maintain and create program forms and spreadsheets, assisting and running group therapy sessions, organization of recreational programs, academic support, preparation of meals, certified behavior management, journal activities, transportation of clients, and continued communication with appropriate resources including, families, probation, schools, and DCF.
- November 2006
Plainville, Connecticut, United States