Strategic Creative Director with a proven record of developing interactive and social marketing campaigns for the world’s most recognized brands. Leader in concept and strategy development for complex interactive initiatives. Award-winning graphic designer with an emphasis on typography and online branding. Excels… Read More
Strategic Creative Director with a proven record of developing interactive and social marketing campaigns for the world’s most recognized brands. Leader in concept and strategy development for complex interactive initiatives. Award-winning graphic designer with an emphasis on typography and online branding. Excels at motivating and inspiring teams to deliver superb creative work under tight deadlines. Creative work rewarded with multiple awards, including two Webby Awards, and featured in several industry blogs and magazines. Read Less
Founder/Creative Director Founded strategic agency providing creative and social media services to clients worldwide. Developed agency branding, built internal processes and directed overall strategic vision. As creative director, ran day-to-day creative process on multiple accounts and new business pitche… Read More
Founder/Creative Director Founded strategic agency providing creative and social media services to clients worldwide. Developed agency branding, built internal processes and directed overall strategic vision. As creative director, ran day-to-day creative process on multiple accounts and new business pitches. Successfully launched large social marketing initiatives for major brands online.
• Developed and won new business efforts for National Geographic, Apple Computer, and Whole Foods Market • Designed and created interactive features for National Geographic’s Facebook page which helped grow it to over 10 million fans • Won multiple awards for creative work; Mojave was named one of the “Top 99 creative agencies” by the Creative Agency Awards
Clients: Whole Foods Market, Apple Computer, SIGG, CafePress, Bio-Rad, PerriconeMD, National Geographic Young and Rubicam / Wunderman
Interactive Creative Director Led interactive department for one of the world’s largest advertising agency with over $907 million in revenues. Grew interactive group from three freelancers to a fully-staffed department of 25 cross-functional employees, including creatives, producers and programmers.
• Created and developed NCAA campaign using social media via Facebook, before Facebook was open to users outside of university students • Developed the most successful online campaign for a semiconductor company’s history, directly driving sales and growing partner relationships • Developed rich media advertising for a multinational company that was so successful the campaign was extended indefinitely and set as a model for all future online efforts • Created online campaign for major technology company that exceeded a 2.6% average CTR, with customers spending an average of 12 minutes interacting with the brand online
Senior Art Director Brought into Yahoo’s IDEA group, an internal creative garageworks, to help concept and launch new initiatives for the company. Developed brand identity and advertising campaigns for several Yahoo properties. Managed outside vendors for large print, online and photography projects totaling millions of dollars.
• Designed and launched the Small Business e-commerce website, a major profit center for Yahoo • Created the Yahoo Small Business Welcome Kit, which was delivered to hundreds of thousands of customers • Won annual Purple Cow Award for innovative marketing Kirshenbaum Bond and Partners West
Interactive Design Director Hired to provide creative direction and team management for a full-service advertising agency. Lead the creative development of interactive advertising and website development projects.
• Partnered with General Manager to identify and pitch new business efforts, including winning the PeopleSoft advertising business • Won a Webby award in the Activism category for redesign of volunteermatch.org
Founder, Creative Director Started agency and grew it from a freelance operation to a successful, 25-person website development agency that was later acquired by a technology company. Provided creative vision and art direction for the development of all client work.
• Designed and built the first Anchor Brewing website, an iconic San Francisco brand • Won Webby Award for outstanding work on Outside Magazine’s online presence
Clients: EA Sports, Outside Magazine, Passporta.com, Hewlett-Packard, Spin Magazine, First Union Bank, Mauk design. Frog Design
Senior Art Director Joined Frog Design, a global innovation firm founded in 1969 with over 1,600 employees worldwide, to help lead Digital Media Design group at its new San Francisco office. Lead creative development for online user experiences, ecommerce, touch-screen and mobile interfaces.
• Graphic designer on Dell.com project, Frog’s top-grossing website to date, setting a new standard for e-commerce • Developed user interface specifications, site architecture and conducted user experience audits for websites and consumer electronic devices • Work featured in the book Frog: Form Follows Emotion by Crown Publishing
Clients: Micron Computer, LA Times, More.com, Greentree, SF Moma Apple Computer
Art Director Hired upon the return of Steve Jobs to lead redesign of the Apple.com website. Was solely responsible for developing new website design that encompassed all of Apple’s business units, ensuring consistent brand experience for the customer.
• Developed look and feel of first unified Apple.com website • Website launch was an outstanding success, helping to extend Apple’s online brand and gain significant media attention and awards • Developed online marketing campaigns that leveraged the “Think Different” campaign during what now is called the “Return to profitability” phase Read Less