Appointment to a key leadership role within the Arnold agency to drive and define the digital design, creative, and technology disciplines. Recognised for displaying expert theoretical knowledge to underpin conceptual, strategic, design and technology-related decisions. A pivotal force for innovation and thought leadership, and a motivational team manager who works closely with all agency departments to ensure the highest calibre of creative outcome.
• Consistently inspiring, motivating and mentoring team members to achieve award-winning creative results.
• Experience and engagement oriented, with a passion for emergent technologies, ground-breaking interaction, and future-centric innovation.
• Expertly skilled in the development of digital advertising campaigns, engagement platforms, mobile, social and strategic planning.
• Self-motivated, articulate and eager to continually learn and be challenged.
Jack Daniels, Volvo Automotive, Jaguar Automotive, Warner Bros. Entertainment, DC Comics, HBO, Rouge Magazine, Telstra Network, Huawei Mobile, Nature's Own Vitamins, Cenovis, Sanofi, Procter & Gamble, Pantene, Herbal Essences, Olay, Oral-B, Head & Shoulders, Nice ‘n Easy, Vicks, Duracell, Pampers, Wella, SK-II, Eukanuba, REST Superannuation.
Design & Technology Lead
An appointment actively leading the design and creative development of all major website, ecommerce, social and mobile projects. Working collaboratively with designers, developers, UX architects and the Director of Digital to develop ground-breaking digital platforms. Direct and mentor in-house and freelance designers, and manage external development partners. Responsible for the strategic, conceptual and creative experiences produced by Arnold Furnace, and ensuring they are innovative, thoughtful and effective.
• Lead UI, UX and interaction designer on all major projects (web, mobile, experiential)
• Have won multiple industry awards for innovation, effectiveness (RoI) and design.
• Consultant for other departments when incorporating digital into campaign strategy, focusing on idea expansion, technical research and execution.
• Actively participate in new business pitches and client meetings.
Warner Bros. DC Comics, HBO, Rouge Magazine, Huawei Mobile, Procter & Gamble, Pantene, Herbal Essences, Olay, Oral-B, Head & Shoulders, Nice ‘n Easy, Vicks, Duracell, Pampers, Wella, SK-II, Eukanuba, Hewlett Packard, Telstra, Pugeot, Volvo, Jaguar, Carnival Cruises, REST Superannuation.
- January 2013
Senior Digital Designer / Developer
Developed and honed a broad range of skills that led to an appointment as lead designer on multiple projects. Collaborated with senior creative and digital teams on numerous award winning campaigns and websites. Instilled usability, user experience and emotive design principles that shaped the core values of the digital department.
• Lead designer for most major website and online campaigns.
• Co-led a project that won a client award for effectiveness, and was subsequently used by the brand as a global benchmark.
• Pro-actively developed applications and processes that increased the efficiency of client design staging, promotional email campaigns and other internal tasks.
Procter & Gamble (brands as above), GlaxoSmithKline, Nicabate, Olympus, Cadbury, Fairfax Media, Hamilton Island, Sanity Music Group, Vogels.
- July 2011
Freelance Graphic, Web and Interactive Design and Development
During my career, I have been approached by numerous companies and individuals who have sought to employ my design and development services. As I have always worked full-time, I have a limited acceptance rate. Most clients accept this, and will work around my schedule, citing that the wait was worth it. By maintaining a strong design ethic, I have built a client base who can expect outstanding innovation and quality.
• Design projects that focus on usability, accessibility, style and personality.
• Strong design aesthetic and unsurpassed attention to detail.
• Front-end development in HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Flash.
• Back-end development with ExpressionEngine framework.
Qantas Airlines, Hilton Hotels (NZ), Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Design King Company, Vitale Design, The Birthday Company.
Senior Graphic & Digital Designer / Developer
Exhibited high-level versatility and skill when leading an array of graphic, digital and development projects. Formed strong relationships with clients, that led to a continuous stream of work for the company. Mentored junior designers and interns, to become strong and capable employees. Formally asked to present a talk at MTV Australia, to discuss their online presence and long term awareness strategy.
• Forged a strong design ethic with intense attention to detail.
• Developed sound abilities in Flash, HTML, CSS and jQuery.
• Designed prominent websites and campaigns including the first MTV AVMA’s site.
• Formed a strong working relationship with MTV, including strategy and consultation.
MTV Australia, MTV AVMA’s, Hopscotch Films, Odyssey 20/20, Crusty Demons, Ashton Property Group, Michelle Bridges, Guylian Chocolates, Mozo.
- March 2009
Graphic & Digital Designer
A formative experience that allowed me to quickly gain recognition for my ability to design across various formats and mediums, mentor junior designers, and work to tight deadlines. Formed a strong collaborative bond with the Creative Director that allowed us to create some truly inspiring brand identities, advertising campaigns and digital experiences.
• Exhibited versatility and creativity across multiple production mediums.
• Worked on large-scale integrated campaigns for iconic Sydney events.
• Rigorous development of key design and creative skills.
St.George OpenAir Cinema, MTV Australia, The Australian Government, Trish Nicol Agency, Tsuki, Watercooler Group, Good Vibes Music Festival, Dr Karl (radio).
- March 2008