verb (used with object)
1. to combine, as two or more strands or threads, by windingtogether; intertwine.
2. to form by or as if by winding strands together: Several fiberswere used to twist the rope.
3. to entwine (one thing) with another; interlace (something)with something else; interweave; plait.
4. to wind or coil (something) about something else; encircle;entwine; wreathe.
5. to alter in shape, as by turning the ends in oppositedirections, so that parts previously in the same straightline and plane are located in a spiral curve: The sculptortwisted the form into an arabesque. He twisted his body around tolook behind him.
verb (used without object)
6. to be or become intertwined.
7. to wind or twine about something.
8. to writhe or squirm.
9. to take a spiral form or course; wind, curve, or bend.
10.to turn or rotate, as on an axis; revolve, as about something; spin.