Temple de la Friedrichstadt
Französischer Dom (German for: French Cathedral) is the colloquial naming for the French Church of Friedrichstadt
(French: Temple de la Friedrichstadt) located in Berlin on the Gendarmenmarkt across from the German Cathedral.
Louis Cayart and Abraham Quesnay built the first parts of the actual French Church from 1701 to 1705 for the Huguenot community. At that time, Huguenots made up about 25% of Berlin's population. The French Church was modelled after the destroyed Huguenot temple in Charenton-Saint-Maurice, France.