- The brief for John Guest's new Speedfit Underfloor Heating advertising campaign was set out to focus on three key areas:
1: To communicate Speedfit Underfloor's key messaging and forge a point of differentiation for Speedfit UFH to hopefully create a unique position in a crowded marketplace. The messaging will focus on superior project support & customer guidance across a suite of services. This suite being called 'Speedfit Support'.
2: Portray the company as one that removes the confusion surrounding correct installation and usage of their UFH product - we 'keep things simple' and are with you throughout the full process.
3: Try to create a feeling of genuine partnership and build a relationship with their plumbing customers.
- Speedfit Support - Logo Design
- Comic Strip Styling.
It was decided to go with a comic strip format as it will primarily serve to break through the clutter of Underfloor Heating messages in the sector, there is nothing else like it. This format also allowed the story to be told clearly and concisely allowing for flexibility in speech / message content. The lightheartedness of the approach can appeal to consumers and make the brand seem more approachable. To re-inforce this message an Icon was designed to represent each of Speedfit Support's services on offer.
These consisted of four main services that are a Free Design Service, Onsite Installation Advice, Online Project Estimator and a Technical Helpline. Other parts of the Speedfit Support package which had icons designed for them included Online Installation Videos and an Online Info icon. A character Dave was also created to be the company mascot for this campaign.
- Press Advert - The Introduction Ad: Introducing the company mascot Dave and the Speedfit Support Underfloor Heating Services. Used in Trade Magazines and other relevant publications nation wide. There are another 4 Ads to come which will be posted soon!
- Why a Mascot?
As an Underfloor Heating (UFH) manufacturer Speedfit Underfloor have always had service levels that set them apart from their competitors but perhaps not used them as the key focal point of a campaign. Within this project the aim was to make the customer's choice clear, that the only way he / she can get the complete support 'package' or 'service' is by choosing Speedfit UFH.
Essentially they are offering a 'suite' of services that span across the project cycle, from system selection to onsite project advice. What better way to portray these 'suite elements' than an informative information icon that is with you every step.
A mascot affords the company a chance to humanize the support package and service offereing. It gives the brand a personality that customers can identify (the product) with.
A comic character modelled along the lines of Dave was chosen as the mascot as he is someone who has a memorable, approachable type of face and a number of customers are already familiar with him (he is modelled on a real employee at the company).
- Large Display Board: For use within retail outlets across the UK selling JG Speedfit Underfloor Heating products.
Board size: 2000mm High x 2430mm Wide.
- Freestanding 'Point of Sale' Display. Used within retail outlets across the UK.
Stand size: 1500mm High x 650mm Wide.
- Retail Outlet - Promo Poster.
- Mouse mat design.
- Mug design.
- Used as giveaway items at events such as Trade Show Exhibitions.
- The 'Service Suite' Icons.
- A 'Dave' illustration promoting Speedfit Support's Online Installation videos.
- More posts for this project coming soon! Thanks for looking.